I've just recently acquired my Banshee which has been prepared and proven in MX racing here in Scotland.

My dilemma:

The engine has had the standard head skimmed and a "Full Race Tune" port job for MX, but the carbs are still standard Mikuni 26's. Although I'm pulling great power in all areas, I'm sure the motor would benefit from a larger carb setup. ... I just don't know how big to go.

All mods in my profile, but the important ones are as follows: Doma Racing Exhaust, K&N filter with lid removed. .... Jetting: 270 mains, 25 pilots, Needle on #5. (Never above 1000ft and our pump gas is 97 Octane).

I'm looking at the Keihin PWK 28's, but should I really be looking at 30's or 33's.

Any opinions would be much appreciated.

Rare

What he said. The 28PWK bored out to 30mm would be a great additon to your bike. I am putting them on my bike as we speak.

339765[/snapback]

So why not put 30's on in the first place? Or is it a benefit to have this taper boring? Or perhaps the characteristics of the 28's are better for our applications than the 30's. ..... ??

Rare.

Keihin doesn't make a 30mm carb. So inorder to get this you have to get the 28mm bored out to a 30mm.

339782[/snapback]

Ah, I see! :shootself:

It makes sense now about boring to 30mm.

So is "taper boring" just a term for a straight bore, it's not actually tapered?

I'm not a machinist, and our meanings of words can be a little different this side of 'The Pond'. ....... You've got 'hoods', we've got 'bonnets'. You've got 'trunks', we've got 'boots'. You 'ship' and we 'post'. 'Zip Codes'/'Post Codes', etc., etc.

Rare.

theyre oval bored to 30 mm i have em. they remove stock from the tops of the carb bodys for topend performance with the bottom end grunt ,just buy em theyre kickass and will work great on a agressivley ported bike as well as mild mx bike too :bolt:

Thanks for all your help, guys. :clap:

Pretty much decided to go for the 28's and a set of V-Force 3 Reeds.

I'll run the 28's the way they are at 1st and then have them bored to 30mm. I'll get more info. at the time when it comes to getting them bored.

:cheers:

Rare.