Banshee wolln't run need help!

Ok this weekend I got out the shee for a ride up at the cabin. I left my house and my bike was ruinning great after I just recently cleaned my carbs. My friend and I started our bikes to warm them up for a night ride. While it was idleing I noticed a blue flame or electricity coming from the right plug boot to the base of the plug. (not sure if thats a big deal) Not thinking that was a big deal we took off down the road.

We rode for about 10 minutes and there was no problem, bike ran great. Then I noticed a slight crackle from my bike when I was rideing I think it was coming from the right cylinder.

Not thinking it was that big of a deal we continued to ride. A few minutes later I noticed a sputter to my bike. It was more noticible when I was moving and punching the throttle and less noticible when stopped and reving the engine. I shut off the bike and looked around for a loose connecting or something and noticed nothing. Since my friend was in a hurry to get to the bar he convinced me to continue on. So I started it and in 5 ft it died and would not start.

So we loaded up the bike and went to the bar. 3 hours later we came out and I decied to get on my bike to see if it would start and to my supprise it did. So I decieded to try and ride it back. After a few minutes I noticed the sputter again but I continued to ride. It seamed to go away. We rode about 10-15 minutes almost topped out down the road. (At least my friends 450 was, HAHA).

Then all off a sudden when I was letting off the throttle in 6th the bike just shut off and now 2 days later wollnt start. I need help

I tried a compression test and got 141 in left and 136 in right. What else can I do. I have been looking for wires that could be grounding out but i dunno.

sorry for the long post

THANKS.

hows your spark strong or weak,hows your fuel,how about the tors connected or disconnected,thay only need three things to run right. fuel, spark,and compression.your compressin sounds good.try anyone of those and let us know,good luck

If your bike just shuts off like that in 6th its electrical, try putting a new plug cap on it if theres a crank like the blue spark u were talking about, what i can guess if theres a crack in the rubber part when it gets wet it shuts off or runs bad when it drys it runs good i had a problem like this and the new caps fixed it for me who nows it might work on your bike to..

If your bike just shuts off like that in 6th its electrical, try putting a new plug cap on it if theres a crank like the blue spark u were talking about, what i can guess if theres a crack in the rubber part when it gets wet it shuts off or runs bad when it drys it runs good i had a problem like this and the new caps fixed it for me who nows it might work on your bike to..

339816[/snapback]

My thoughts too. It would account for the bike running ok at idle, but not under load: The spark is looking for it's easiest path. Although I would have thought it would still have run on the good side. ???? :confused:

Rare.

I would think  that it would at least run.  $hit it wolln't even start now.  what the hell. 

I did notic that the wire harness that goes under the carbs to that back of the engine has some wires that have been worn and are exposed. Ill have to try and seal those and see what happens.

339975[/snapback]

like some others said, that spark and crackling noises u saw na heard usually come about when moisture builds up on the cables, the best way to test the condition of a spark plug wire is to wet it and run it in a dark place an look for sparks an the crackling noises,,,

i think that what is hapening is that becuase the wire is torn somewhere on the boot or elsewhere on the cable, the spark plug isnt geting a good spark or any spark at all. YET sometimes it will , so as it misses an misses spark it flods and wont run,,,when u went to the bar an the gas dried up an then tryied to start it again it did, my guess is that the wires have been geting worse an worse an now the bike wont run, try weting the cables an runing it in the dark an listen out for the crackles an the sparks

not too long ago i had a problem with my banshee where it was flooding an not starting and it turned out to be the spark plugs, what ur expiriencing is the same thing, only the prob is not spark plugs, its the wires. hope this helps

Quick question. I have no key and a kill switch hooked up. I also disconnected the tors I think. Should I have a red and black 2 wire connection also disconnected along with a three prong connection disconnection. There both right by the tors box. Did it a year ago and dont remeber doing the 2 prong. also them not being covered up is it a possibility of them grounding out some how.

Oh and I cant see any cracks in the boot. But I cant get it to run.

Edited by 2004LEBanshee

• 3 weeks later...