?'s about Ebay auctions

The part happens to be a Stator. The stator tested fine before it was sent out.

It was obviously purchased because the current one on there quad is bad. Unfortunately the good and bad stators look the same. I'm trying to figure a way out of getting screwed by the buyer sending me back the broken one.

It might just be worth it to send the money back, I don't know.

The part happens to be a Stator.  The stator tested fine before it was sent out.

It was obviously purchased because the current one on there quad is bad.  Unfortunately the good and bad stators look the same.  I'm trying to figure a way out of getting screwed by the buyer sending me back the broken one. 

It might just be worth it to send the money back, I don't know.

334248[/snapback]

Usually at most places, electronic parts are not returnable. If it tested fine before you sent it, then I see no reason to refund it. But you probably should have state this in your auction. I wouldn't give a 100% refund anyway.

If you were 100% sure it was goos before you shipped it out,then I wouldn't refund his money.

334368[/snapback]

That is definately how I feel. Just be willing to accept the negative feedback.

I have recently thought of somehow putting a tiny hidden mark on the parts I sell.

Yeah, the feedback is what I'm trying to avoid.  I have thought long and hard about how I would identify the parts I've sold ifsomeone ever sent one back to me.  I guess hindsight really is 20/20.

334428[/snapback]

I used to worry about negative feedback but it doesn't stop me from buying from people. I really think a few negatives are just part of the business.

a few negatives are part of the game,feedback works both ways.if he leaves it for you, leave some for him.theres always some asshole trying to hold you hostage.that is unless you already left him positive. e bay gets to be a pain in the ass sometimes.