Stock Clutch Problems

odong69

I recently repaired the transmission in my 01 Banshee. I also honed the cylinders and put some Wisco's in it. The problem i am having is with the clutch. Im not sure how tight to tighten the 6 spring screws on the side. In neutral......the wheels spin fine like no gears are engaged. When I put it in 1st gear......and spin the wheels its like it should be...in gear. But when i pull in the clutch.....it does the same thing. LIke the clutch isn't engaging. Is there any certain timing marks that I should have lined up that i missed?? How tight should i tighten the spring screws?? A simple clutch turns into a big pain in the ass. Can somebody please help me????? Thanks.

Owen

• 2 months later...

7.4 ft. lbs. of torque on each of those screws...can do it in nuetral, in gear, etc.

Whatever is easiest. Use a criss cross pattern.

as said...get a clymer manual to adjust the clutch...

I'd almost bet that bearing behind the push rod went AWOL...

I did manage to hit my basket with a scotch brite die grinder this weekend...

It had some "ripples" in it...NOT grooves per say.

Just smoothed it out.  Took away most of the creep.

Hinson soon...but, not quite yet!!

366509[/snapback]

jeff at FAST sells the baskets. same damn thing as a hinson but like half the price. thats what i got in mine made all the difference in the world. hit him up about it. if you replace the basket might as well replace the inner and outer hubs. they are cheap and jeff stocks them too. dont wait too long, those stock worn parts will wear your clutch quicker.

Dammit...Loco...I knew you were going to say that... ;)

Yep, in two of the three phone calls I had with him he was quick to point all that out.

Might have to get a job with him to pay for some of it... B)

I got a pretty good bonus check coming in pretty soon..so, more shopping for me.

Loco...with his clutch kit, I put in 3 stock springs and 3HD.

Jeff did say use all 6..but, since I was only going for a day, I tried 3.

No problems at all.

Once I go the ported/NOSS Head/VForce route, I'll be sure to put all the HDs in.

But...for now, my clutch arm thanks me...:)

I was thinking about Gorr porting mine...but, I think I'm just gonna send it down to Jeff at the end of the year to get it all done.

He is truly such a great guy, he deserves my business!!