cheap mods

racer

its got the 4.3 6 in it, so exhaust is out. but what other kind of mods can a guy do for reasonably cheap to make it look better? thinkin about lower the rear 2in to get it even with the front. any other suggestions?

EDIT: guess i should say its an '05 GMC sierra shortcab wide bed.

Edited by therail

trade up to a ford :D

vehicles arent really cheap to mod. i think best bang for the buck is thoes programmers or chip it. maybe a K&N even though i disagree with them. if it lets mor air in it has to let more dirt in, so i wouldnt run a k&n. other than that i would say a free flowing exhaust, chip it, maybe go craazy and super charge it :headbang: i think chipping would be the best thing to do though. i would wait until you get out of base warrenty to do any thing because, and i dont know about chevy, but i work at a ford dealer in service, and if we find any of that shit on the we wont warrenty any engine, or trans work to be done on it.so you would be screwed there. but like i said you could spen 1000 and not really gain anything. also another thing to look out for is people that tell you the tornadoes and shit like that are great for your money. to tell you the truth the horse power gain is only in there head to really gain anything you need to change stuff like a free flowing exhaust, bigger intake, different cam different heads that is where the power is at, not just doing something like a k&n. but for what you want to do you might want to look into chiping it, i have seen a noticable difference personaly with that stuff. i have tried a bunch of the other stuff, and you really dont get a gain out of it. just my 2 cents :cheers: oh i reread it to make it look better. sorry get new wheels i think thoes change the apperance the most

Edited by jeffro189

umm, no on the tradin. i called about tradin my CD deck in to it. they fuckin wanted $150! appaerntly the door chimes and all kinds of shit goes through the factory head unit, so i have to buya $110 adaptor. :shootself: im kinda pissed. but i priced rear lowering shackles at 70 bucks. so that will happen pretty quick.

it will probably end up on some chrome 17's and leveled out with a decent system.  dont care much about performance. :confused:  tonneau is out cause the shee's gotta sit in the back. :D

327362[/snapback]

I didn't mean a hard cover I was going for the soft roll-up kind. Wheels and tires can get pricey but mine is sittin' on chrome 17's now and it looks about right. Be careful of the advice you get from Loco he's a Dodge guy and most Dodges roll off the lot and straight to the "Add a Bunch of Crap Mart". ;)

hood

I dont know if that would fit but I am gonna get a functional one for my

silverado. As far as mods go with some flowmasters, the 4.3 sounds

pretty good with them. I run a K&N on my truck right now it helps alot.

I run K&Ns on all my stuff, I havent had a problem yet, just keep them

clean and oiled. Try here too

parts

Ive been looking to mod my truck for a while now. Just have to look

and there is all kinds of stuff. I dont think i would ever lower a truck

I am partial to stock ride.