Marines

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he might be refering to how the air force promotes there people, they have to take written test and shit, while the marines, we run, do pullups, and sit ups and shoot guns to get promoted.,

317083[/snapback]

We all have to have MCI's and things also right? That's not ALL there is to promotion.

We all have to have MCI's and things also right?  That's not ALL there is to promotion.

317097[/snapback]

Its a fact that we in the Air Force do not get promoted nearly as quick as other services. (before you try to tell me your storys about the one guy that you know, I understand that there are acceptions to every rule.) It is also a fact that the Air force is the hardest to get into. We require the highest asvab score, Pretty much anyone with an arrest record need not apply, and any drugs other than marijuana auto disqualify. On the other hand when we do get our rank we can fuck up alot more than the other services before they will take it from us. There are ups and downs of every branch. You just need to know what you want to get out of your enlistment and find out which branch suits your needs or wich one you will suit the best. I love my job and thank god every day I joined the air force and not the army. Im stationed on an army camp... fuck that. But if that or the marines are your thing then god speed. Every one playes a part.

I had marines in my class at keesler, for avionics. That just shows you that the marines do not have a good training program they have to use the AF's.

317457[/snapback]

Im not sure why you are dogging the marines man. Im in the air force too, and my Tech School was on an Army Post and I had Army Marines and Navy in my class. One team one fight

Not dogging anyone, if you read the first post I just said there are more things in life then knowing how to kick someones ass. I guy replied saying the marines had just as good training, hence the comment that they use ours.

317590[/snapback]

All Marines I know of in the avionics field goes to Pensacola, Fl. That is a NAVY base. Granted a few C schools go on to Air Force bases but the basis for everything is Navy. It's not like you guys are of superior intellect and are the only ones capable of teaching further on.

btw it's not marines, it's Marines.

Well i signed up during desert storm but was still in school so i didnt go to boot camp untill a day after christamas1991 out december 95. No regrets whatsoever.

and like you when i decided to sign up i thought if i am going to do this i am joining the most respected branch "MARINES" of course, and as for beter training every branch uses other branches for training, big deal, I was a 6144 (I) level structural mech. on hueys' an cobras. I went to MCRD San Diego though. From my understanding either place has its share of horrors.

but as said earlier try your hardest and dont make waves i did the squad leader stuff but that puts you in the open and you end up paying for your mistakes and alot of other peoples mistakes.

Also they are right about that field I made corporal in 2years and had the high score in my shop in everything and there was just no openings for Sgt.

Kinda wish i would have went 03 alot more excitment and i think they promote quicker.

Well good luck and get in shape

Keep us posted

SEMPER FI.

I for one had a 128GT score on my ASVAB...The way I understood it I could have chosen pretty much any branch or MOS...Whatever...I went in open contract and chose my MOS by finishing in the top 10% in my platoon...

Far as the AF being superior, that is a laugh...The Marine Corps is a VERY small Military entity of the Armed Forces....We often use other branch resources since our resources are limited to our smaller force, and dwindled funding...I don't think many quite understand that the Marine Corps is not just a bunch of guys with Guns, missle launchers & Tanks...We have our fair share of technical billets, and we get done in hours to what takes an Airforce Crew days...Not because we are that much better, but because our standars allow it, and we pull it off without incodent.

I would add that there are Avionics/Electric A schools at NAS Milliington as well...

BTW...What I learned and experienced landed me a Aviation position overseas making 100+K per contract + bennies & bonuses...So I hope ya like apples baby....Not bad for a dumb Marine I guess...

Brad

i never said air force was superior, and I know ex con / highschool drop outs that work overseas for over 100k a year, Its called KBR or Dynacore, big deal. Mellow out. I'll say it one more time EVERYONE has a part. Its awsome that all the service members are so proud of their branches on here.

I'v been in the Navy for about 2 years.I'm an Avation suport equipment technician(more or less I'm a diesel mechanic thats works on stuff that help the jets and helo's get up into the air). when I go out to sea I work with marines that do the same job as myself.they're good people. As of now I'm onboard the USS Peleliu LHA-5 in san diego Ca. you should try to come to the west coast so then you can Ride glamis and gordons. :cheers:

Cowboy the f*** up and ride
Edited by bansheeboy619

i never said air force was superior, and I know ex con / highschool drop outs that work overseas for over 100k a year, Its called KBR or Dynacore, big deal. Mellow out. I'll say it one more time EVERYONE has a part. Its awsome that all the service members are so proud of their branches on here.

320335[/snapback]

Don't for a minute assume you know my story...Please lose the sarcasm in comparing myself and other X-Patriots to ex-cons and HS Dropouts...I doubt they had a Top Secret Clearance, and Civilian Lt. Colonel Ranking during their stay of contract. I doubt that they went through all the background investigations we went through...AS IF... :rolleyes: ...You are speaking strongly on a topic which you have not even experienced, and somehow think you can lessen it....

I doubt there are any Ex-Cons and Dropouts making that kind of coin...Most contractors are responsiible for their workers, and if they want to keep the contract they have to take many things into consideration during the hiring process...You are just talking sensless shit...

I for one am done littering this guys thread with this bullshit...And appologize to him for what his thread has become.

Brad

OOOH RAAAHHH!!!!

former Marine here, once Known as Sgt. Randall Jason S.

having served as a "Radio Operator/small arms instructor" from 93' -98' I can say I have seved with all branches of the armed services, active and reserves, met a lot of good people, and some sour....it's what you make of it...and for the record I made Sgt. in 3yrs, 8 months....but was considered not smart enough for the "air-force" or Electrical MOS (military occupational specialty) damn good swimmer, shooter, pull-ups, sit-ups etc. not a rider of the desk...do not regret it at all.... threee tours in the gulf...made some good friends, and stuck around in SO. CAL ainstead of going home to Arizona.