god damn chain tightener !

ive got a clymers and ive done everything it says and those 2 damn chain tighteners on the rear end never stay tight. Once i get one tight then i will tighten the other and the first one comes loose. IM SO DAMN FRUSTRATED !!!! any of you guys run aftermarket swingarms with different style tighteners ?????/

HELP ME PLEASE !!! bangheadbanghead

Matt

ive got a clymers and ive done everything it says and those 2 damn chain tighteners on the rear end never stay tight.  Once i get one tight then i will tighten the other and the first one comes loose.    IM SO DAMN FRUSTRATED !!!!  any of you guys run aftermarket swingarms with different style tighteners ?????/

HELP ME PLEASE !!!  banghead  banghead

Matt

314688[/snapback]

I run round house swingarms and carriers that I fab. I love them, and when the wife gets a Banshee, one is going on her bike the second it gets off the trailer from the showroom.

its one of the well known downfalls of the banshee design.....everyone hates it!!

run a round-housing swinger and axle carrier and you wont regret it. you can get different legths to suit your riding style too

what do you ride mostly? trails/mx/dune.......

stu

I had the same problem, check the lock washers on the 14mm bolts that hold the carrier to the swing arm. Mine was over tightened and the washers had separated. The chain would loosen after one ride. Replaced them and the chain has stayed exactly at .9mm of slop.( I used a tape measure after the first few rides to make sure it did not budge even slighty.

Cotton eyed joe-  How much $ for the conversion?  And what does it consist of?  I like this idea.

315718[/snapback]

$215 bucks for the carrier tube, carrier, brake plate, c clip, caliper spacers, pinch tubes, bolts and brake plate pivot nub. if you look up a few posts you can see one that i did on my own bike. i just did one for "itsmyforte" as well. stan(cotton eyed joe) shipped the parts to me and itsmyforte sent me his swinger. i recieved his swinger that day and it went back out to him the same day. pm me if you are interested in having this done and ill shoot you a price. if you can do it yourself then you are set..

ive got a clymers and ive done everything it says and those 2 damn chain tighteners on the rear end never stay tight.  Once i get one tight then i will tighten the other and the first one comes loose.    IM SO DAMN FRUSTRATED !!!!  any of you guys run aftermarket swingarms with different style tighteners ?????/

HELP ME PLEASE !!!  banghead  banghead

Matt

314688[/snapback]

You ahve to have the rear wheels off the ground, and the swingarm bolts loosened (Top and Bottem) (the ones that are hard to get to through the brake disk. Then you tighten the chain using those 2 and they have to be hitting te flat part of the carier (mine tend to move up and down) these do not set the adjustment, that is done by re-tightening the 2 Nut's (well theres 4 of them really) Therse are only used to adjust the swingarm evenely and set the tension, they do not hold the tension though!.