CoolHead dome decision?

My banshee has a stock head on it now ,but the previous owner told me it was shaved....I think he was BSing. Im running 100 octane fuel mixed with Maxima Castor 927 and Im riding at sea level. I want to install a coolhead (undecided which one) and wanted to run 20cc domes. Im not sure if the cranks ever been welded or if its stock. If it wasn't welded will the carnk hold? What dome size do you reccomend?

If you guys need to know anything else or if you have any suggestions let me know. Thanks!

i would pm "dlnoss" here on hq and talk to him. david is a real good guy to talk to and he can help you decide what you need. i would go for the noss head for a few reasons. first, you dont have to change the cylinder studs out like a pro design. second, noss heads look better and third because if you need help with something david is always here on the site and can help you out.

20cc domes should be fine with a stock crank and the octane you are running. If you have a set of calipers, PM me and I'll tell you how to determine if the stock head has been shaved.

-David

i have kinda the same question... i already have a coolhead with 19's & was thinking of going to either 18's pr 17's ..I RUN 111 RACE GAS... i have toomey t5's .. wiesco 65mm forged pistons..k&n..jets.. WHAT DO U THINK 18's OR 17's ..

i ride dunes alot & like to shoot up the hills too....thanx a lot guys

i have kinda the same question... i already have a coolhead with 19's & was thinking of going to either 18's pr 17's ..I RUN 111 RACE GAS... i have toomey t5's .. wiesco 65mm forged pistons..k&n..jets.. WHAT DO U THINK 18's OR 17's ..

i ride dunes alot & like to shoot up the hills too....thanx a lot guys

314990[/snapback]

i think id stay with 19cc domes. if you go any lower your compression is gonna be really high. there is really no reason to run that high of compression unless you are really trying to get some more bottom end. sounds to me like you want your banshee to rev way out while shootin hills. id stick with the 19s.