Credit Card Fraud

Stan:

Im sorry to hear about your troubles..... it really does suck,,,

Now all you skeptics... how about this one.... How many of you buy online? online shopping carts for example.......? I wont say any names but I know of someone thats part of this board that is MORE than capable of hacking into a companys web host and access ALL of the CC information, (name, #, security code, address ect)

No matter HOW tight you try and make something..... Someone Somewhere will figure a way around it and get what ever information they want.

Im gonna go hide in a box now :)

No matter HOW tight you try and make something..... Someone Somewhere will figure a way around it and get what ever information they want.

315588[/snapback]

I know what you mean. One of the guys I knew in college used to tell me all about how he and his friends had a game that they played in high school in which point values were assigned to things like banks and businesses. They

I went through the identity theft thing awhile back. Me and the wife were attempting to buy a house. I thought nothing of it when the bank dude says, "if your guys credit checks out, you'll have the papers tomorrow" because I have always kept my credit impeccable. Never missed ANYTHING. ANd when he told me there was a problem with my credit, I went through the roof. I was a victim of Identity theft. Some mother fucker in Glendale Arizona was using my name and all my shit to get utilities, and phones, and all sorts of shit. Took me years to get it all cleaned up. CLosing EVERY account you have, and putting a 7 year fraud alert on your SS#. It sucks. And it is up to the merchant to heed the fraud alert as well. They can give credit to whomever, and whenever they please. And if something defaults, it goes back on you. ANd it is up to YOU to prove it wrong. )(when it comes to identity theft, anyway...) You see, in an Identity Theft crisis, you are GUILTY untill YOU prove yourself innocent. Which means countless hours of time off from work, tracking shit down, phone calls, disputes, paperwork, claims, phone tag. Fuckin shit. It sucks. I feel for ya Stan, I really do. I have a file in my cabinet at home about 2" thick from the last fiasco.....

once upon a time a long time agow,i get a phone call from a rep of one of my,debit,credit card companys.the rep asked me if i was in california today using my bank debit card to purchase gas at a mobil station.so i was like how is that possable.i have the card in my possesion+you also need to know the 4 digit pin number to make it work.WRONG! somehow someone presented a credit card with the same info+applied the correct pin #filled their tank bought some snacks+went on their merry way.the bank waived the charges+issued me a new card with all new info+pin#'s.

once upon a time a long time agow,i get a phone call from a rep of one of my,debit,credit card companys.the rep asked me if i was in california today using my bank debit card to purchase gas at a mobil station.so i was like how is that possable.i have the card in my possesion+you also need to know the 4 digit pin number to make it work.WRONG! somehow someone presented a credit card with the same info+applied the correct pin #filled their tank bought some snacks+went on their merry way.the bank waived the charges+issued me a new card with all new info+pin#'s.

315771[/snapback]

You don

• 3 years later...

You think thats messed up. I've been clearing bogus utility accounts, cell phone accounts, credit card accounts...so on... for about three years now. I just got a letter from the irs saying i made $100,000 in 06. There some bitch in ky and tx using my social too! thats some bullshit. I cant do shit about it because i dont know who it is according to the police...bs bs bs bs.

david lopez

I have Equifax. It monitors 3 different credit bueru's. It will send me an email if my ballance increases by a certian amount or percent. I can also lock my credit report so people suposedly cant see it. You just unlock it if your going to be getting something financed.

My favorite, and this is not a biggie but a bad one: when you go to a restaurant and use your debit card and sign for the tip. If the server doesn't like what you tip them they change the charge out to what they want. Typically you can call the restaurant and report it and get it fixed, but it pisses me off to see it happen.

Good call on the old thread.

I will add my 2 cents. My wife is V.P. at the Credit Union where all of our shit is. She looks at our accounts no less than 5 times a day. Last year she called me and asked why I was near Phoenix. I said I'm not, I'm at work ( we are about 3 hrs. from Phoenix ) why? She said my debit card was used to withdraw 20 bucks from an ATM. She caught it 7 minutes after it happened. Hasn't happened since.

My favorite, and this is not a biggie but a bad one: when you go to a restaurant and use your debit card and sign for the tip. If the server doesn't like what you tip them they change the charge out to what they want. Typically you can call the restaurant and report it and get it fixed, but it pisses me off to see it happen.

I always fill in the tip with a '$' followed by the amount, then a line afterwards. It would be obvious to anyone that it was changed.