Airfilter

bick

I ran K&N clamp-ons for a few years & was constantly cleaning them & wearing holes in the outerwears, after tie-downing them so they wouldn't melt on the stinger tubes. Bdbanshee has a good clamp-on setup that moves the filters back a bit. I got tired of dick'n with them & got a toomey 2:1 and will never use anything else. I've never had problems with it coming off & cleaning is a synch, and I'm using the same outerwear still that came with it. :cheers: I would highly recommend the toomey 2:1 setup. But depending on your riding conditions, an in-airbox setup may work out better. I know a lot of people talk highly about the pro-flow setups, but I have no experience with them myself.

stay away from the K&N, go foam with a proflow adapter especially if you ride in sand, i ditched the K&N cause it was sucking more dirt than a vacuum cleaner despite the outwear, now with the foam i'll never go back to the K&N. take my advice, the K&N cost me about $450 for a top end rebuild.

Edited by 2stroke_addict

someone told me to take some baby powder and squirt it on the outside of my k&n and see if any came through....and of course....it did

K&N's are for the street, and do a good job in the sand where the particles are big enough to be blocked. Dust particles are a lot smaller.

Unless you've done everything else to your shee power wise and are looking for that extra half horsepower, I'd run a pro flo/uni foam setup.

I also run in the coal sometimes and wouldnt trust anything else. They repel water rather well as well.

I ran K&N clamp-ons for a few years & was constantly cleaning them & wearing holes in the outerwears, after tie-downing them so they wouldn't melt on the stinger tubes.  Bdbanshee has a good clamp-on setup that moves the filters back a bit.  I got tired of dick'n with them & got a toomey 2:1 and will never use anything else.  I've never had problems with it coming off & cleaning is a synch, and I'm using the same outerwear still that came with it. :cheers:  I would highly recommend the toomey 2:1 setup.  But depending on your riding conditions, an in-airbox setup may work out better.  I know a lot of people talk highly about the pro-flow setups, but I have no experience with them myself.

309987[/snapback]

why do u have to ditch the airbox when u get the 2:1 toomey filter, im about to buy the t5 complete kit with everything but im not sure i like the sound of ditching my airbox...

Hell, I've found the best way to really let 'er breathe is to pull the airbox and the filter all together. Just open that carb. Man, she really buzzes that way. Although, I got this funny noise coming from the top of the motor, can't figure out what it is....

smileysexx.gif

Clamp on K&N's with outwrwears. Never a problem, only run the dunes though.

310220[/snapback]

Same here, and my top end is almost 6 years old this time. K&N's for the entire 16 1/2 years I've owned this Banshee. I spray a very liberal amount of oil on them after cleaning, maybe that helps?