compression ? hmmm

does it start all the time, first few kicks or does it take a few? have u felt a power loss? i would recheck, but if it came out the same, i would be doin a new top end.

307591[/snapback]

power seems the same. it took bout 10 kicks but that was with out riding for about 2 weeks then today it took 3 kicks soo i d k

You might want to get a better tester. I just went through this with my bike. I bought a $35.00 compression tester and was shocked that I only had 150 psi. per cylinder. After calling Duncan Racing they said only use a name brand tester( Snap-On to be exact ).

Well after taking my bike to my local shop and testing with a Snap-On tester the cylinders tested out at 180 psi. To make a long story shorter. Try to find someone with a name brand tester and see how things go from there.

Nathan

Did you follow the directions on doing the test correctly?

The first time i did a compression check, i just put the tester on and kicked kicked kicked...only got to 60....

Warm the engine up for a few minutes, and hold the throttle wide open while you kick it over....i may have forgotten something. I'm sure if you do a search on how to do a compression test it will tell u exactly what to do...

I used a really nice test (thanks boonman) to compare mine. I had two bad ones. I bought a new one and it reads the right compression now. Compression tester can be wrong. Being that they are 10% different though even with a bad guage, I'd say you are close to a rebuild.