help asap

sheeboy94

i will be starting mx soon and already have fmf fatties wit pc2s , stage four intake,2 into 1 33 mm carb, twist throotle, v force reeds and cages,bored thirty over,k8n filter 18 inchnbrand new mxr4s on rear,and brand new 20 inch mxs on front both on beadlocks +2+1 a-srms, works shocks w/rezzies,also upgraded clutch basket to hinson and has fzr street bike plates, with magura clutch perch... huge difference over stock!!!also have smaller sprockets for bottom end....crazy bottom end...i can take off in third easier than taking off in1st on a stocker...i have beat all bikes i race on bottom end every time..raptors yfz 450s 250rs and quadzillas...also thinking about port work prefferably mx/trail...who does this best..also thinking about -2 swinger is this worth the money does it help handling and traction..wil a timing plate help at all set at +4 degrees,which head is best for mx and which domes? I want to run my bike at its highest 93 octane..

thANks need info asap....

i will be starting mx soon and already have fmf fatties wit pc2s , stage four intake,2 into 1 33 mm carb, twist throotle, v force reeds and cages,bored thirty over,k8n filter 18 inchnbrand new mxr4s on rear,and brand new 20 inch mxs on front both on beadlocks +2+1 a-srms, works shocks w/rezzies,also upgraded clutch basket to hinson and has fzr street bike plates, with magura clutch perch... huge difference over stock!!!also have smaller sprockets for bottom end....crazy bottom end...i can take off in third easier than taking off in1st on a stocker...i have beat all bikes i race on bottom end every time..raptors yfz 450s 250rs and quadzillas...also thinking about port work prefferably mx/trail...who does this best..also thinking about -2 swinger is this worth the money does it help handling and traction..wil a timing plate help at all set at +4 degrees,which head is best for mx and which domes?  I want to run my bike at its highest 93 octane..

thANks need info asap....

301627[/snapback]

Everything your asking is dead on. Get the +4, -2 swingarm, move the foot pegs back 2" along w/ the brake lever (shorten it), then shorten the shifter 2". Call Dave at NOSS, he is awesome, he'll give you the domes YOU need...custom made me a set for my stroker and it changed my curve dramatically along w/ Fixitrods bike...He da man for that..when it comes to porting, I'd go to a proven company. Some claim this and that, but if you dont' get what you want, then its YOUR money that is wasted. I'd go to LRD or Duncan. They don't win races because they happen to have all the best riders on their bikes.... <_< Of all the companies that I've spoken w/, these 2 are very knowledgable and will blow your mind away..Good luck!!

You seem to have a good set up. I'd definitely get a -2 swinger. I have one and it not only helped with traction but it corners and jumps much better. Just as important as mods are preparation is very important also. Make sure everything is greased and lubed up, make sure your filter is clean, spray wd40 on the rims and other parts you dont want mud or sand sticking too. Its all the little things that will help. Always bring lots of tools to the track to, you never know what you'll need. And drink lots of water to stay hydrated. A lotta common sence stuff but its good to know. Good luck!! :bolt:

thanks for the tips man any more tips or help on my topic would greatly be appreciated,am i just wasting my money on my banshee, becausei hear some people talk like their the worst mx bike in the world,but screw that my bike has killer low end to mid, especially wit my sprockets,but just need to see how it does on an mx track,could u also tell me what else i will need,mods r in sig.

thanks

i dont know exactly i have papers on it and have to find it, but i think i have 2 more teeth on the back and have 1 or 2 smaller on the front, i was thinkin about changing sprocket sizes but am to scared i will lose bottom end for mx, can u also hep me with this,but i am also getting a head timing plate and -2 swinger soon so i dunno what it would be like to change them with that on , and yes i am shirting like a mofo!!! but love the bottom to mid range..

i dont know exactly i have papers on it and have to find it, but i think i have 2 more teeth on the back and have 1 or 2 smaller on the front, i was thinkin about changing  sprocket sizes but am to scared i will lose bottom end for mx, can u also hep me with this,but i am also getting a head timing plate and -2 swinger soon so i dunno what it would be like to change them with that on , and yes i am shirting like a mofo!!!  but love the bottom to mid range..

302102[/snapback]

If your shifting like a mofo then your not pulling on your bottom end. Your just keeping your rpms high and spinning like hell...What you want is to gear it up and that'll kill some of the tire spin and help hook up. Gear it accordingly to the amount of tire spin that you want. Let the torque pull the gears, not let the gears pull you. Torque will get you home, not spinning tires. I'd go to a 15/41 or 16/41 gear for your setup, you have the power, if your jetted right, you should have some decent low end (power at lower rpms) and should be able to pull them gears w/ flying colors...Don't listen to your friends or the bullshit about mx shees..I've ran in a few local tracks just for kicks and came in 1st, 2nd, and 4th place twice...this is against 25-30 other bikes and mostly 250R's....Funny thing is that banshees seem to place 3 out of the first 4 places..... :lol: the track I placed 4th (twice) was very tight (1-3 gear) and not much room to pass. The second track was faster (2-6 gear) and the shees just dominate hard.

Go w/ the -2 for the traction and play w/ the sprockets. Gearing down doesn't give you low end, it just brings the rpms up higher and sooner. Low end is power in the lower rpms. If you have to gear down to get power, then you have NO low end...

Edited by Banchetta