Loudest Exhaust

05Special

what do you guys think is the loudest exhaust setup for a banshee, other than straight drag pipes...

300286[/snapback]

you should be asking about the quietest exhaust so we can all keep riding not the loudest so everyone in the town your in knows your riding

i dont know the answer to your question but personally i wouldnt worry about the loudest :shrugani:

my banshee is kinda loud, i have the older powercore silencers cut down 4.5 inches and there is no packing in them.

300315[/snapback]

You get any performance gains with cutting them down? I'm super curious cause I run a -2.5" swingarm and the few times I set it back it jams dirt in the silencers...Plus they are just about hitting my number plate and makin it look like shit.

Bob

Over the Past year & half as a BHQ member and Old time rider. I have read this a few times. This is my understanding of Packing in a Silencer.

The only gain you get from No packing in your Silencer Is the Cost of not replacing it.

You lose Power Because the packing absorbs the sound pressure wave if the packing is gone the wave bounces back in the exhaust main stream flow slowing it down by making more back pressure.Net loss in power.

Other benfits are what Flatracking is telling you. People who hate noise try to steal are riding Areas and Use your love of the powerful sound machine adagianst Us all.

Sound level Ticketing by are Police are in everbodys Future.

im couldnt really tell any performance gains, i mostly cut them down so they wouldnt hit the dirt before the grab bar would, its a bitch to get the dirt out of them

300730[/snapback]

I use my rear brake before that happens..... ANd Banchetta's bike had PC silencers on it I believe.....