Bigger carbs and jetting

Flyin_Shee

Is it possible that it could be a cracked reed? It seems to be only fouling bad on the right side, even though everything is the same and I've changed plugs 3 times now. The coils are new and I've tested the spark with new plugs and the spark is strong, so that's not the problem.

Tomorrow if I have any time I will probably take it apart and check out the reeds, if they are cracked I guess I'll be saving up for some V-Force reeds.

313247[/snapback]

one other thing yo u should check is the silencer thats right the silencer as fuct as tha t sound s sometimes its all blown out(fiberglass packing) in one can and this can affect jetting and richness of one cylinder in comparison to another ,its possible

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one other thing yo u should check is the silencer thats right the silencer as fuct as tha t sound s sometimes its all blown out(fiberglass packing) in one can  and this can affect jetting and richness of one cylinder in comparison to another ,its possible

313481[/snapback]

I suppose I could check that, but these silencers haven't had much use. They have probably only 15-20 hours on them, if that.

contact passionre for a boss intake. it runs about 150 bucks. its a nice piece of art to add to your banshee.

300090[/snapback]

Do you run your boss with no airbox? I have one for stock carbs and will probably end up running it if the trade I offered doesnt go through.

I just got in from working on the Banshee and I have decided that I am just going to part this piece of shit out. Can't figure out for the life of me what is wrong with it. I've changed the pilot jet, main jet, needle, air screws, several sets of plugs, checked to make sure I was getting proper spark, etc. I can't figure out why this thing is just falling flat on it's face, at idle (won't idle on it's own, have to hold throttle) it is just fine..bring it up to 1/4 throttle it's fine (not as good as it should be though, I remember it used to sound a lot better) but once you open it up it just falls on it's face.

I'm trying to run every possible scenario through my mind about what could be going wrong...I can only think of the mains, that is the only place it is really being affected. I even checked the reeds, perfectly fine...I suspected that one of them had broken and had caused it to bog out as this same thing happened to my friend's Blaster.

Anyone want a pair of 30mm Keihin carbs w/ throttle cable?

Could it possibly be because of low compression? The rings were put in correctly and it doesn't have very many hours on the rebuild, so I don't see how my compression could've dropped...but I'm just trying to think of anything that could be wrong. I suppose tomorrow I could try a compression test to see where it's at.

Has anyone else had problems like this??

I just got in from working on the Banshee and I have decided that I am just going to part this piece of shit out. Can't figure out for the life of me what is wrong with it. I've changed the pilot jet, main jet, needle, air screws, several sets of plugs, checked to make sure I was getting proper spark, etc. I can't figure out why this thing is just falling flat on it's face, at idle (won't idle on it's own, have to hold throttle) it is just fine..bring it up to 1/4 throttle it's fine (not as good as it should be though, I remember it used to sound a lot better) but once you open it up it just falls on it's face.

Have you tried dropping the needle? 1st or 2nd clip from the blunt end.

Maybe you got a weak link somewhere in your electrical sys.

I have heard of banshees acting very strange if your coil is going bad.

317263[/snapback]

I would think that, but I replaced the coil just a year ago and I would think that it would act very poor throughout the throttle ranges, not just 1/2-WOT.

I was going to try switching my coils around with my spare, but somehow I've misplaced my spare set... :angry:

Edited by Flyin_Shee

Keep the faith, bro!

You will find out whats wrong with her. I know from reading this thread that you have tried alot of carb adjustments that haven't helped.

This makes me think back to my first banshee......

She was a pretty young thing, although her cherry had been poped by her first owner, he rode her very lightly and treated her like the queen she was. Her fenders were milky white, with a verry red you-know-what.(Radiator shroud)

Back in those days, it was in-vouge for shees to have golden wheels, of which she had four. 1996 was a very good year.

Alas, he ran into financial trouble and had to give her up to a young buck with a stiffy for two strokes - Me.

I rode her VERY hard at first. It was a new relationship for her, and she did not want to disappoint me. I must admit, I didn't love her at first. That came with time and her total submission to my every desire. I had hand in the relationship.

Then things changed. I grew satisfied. I started seeing another.(jeep wrangler rock crawler) Shee sat at home as I fratranized. Her displeasure at my infidelity started showing. I would come home late, drunken from budlight and buzzing from vicodin.(rockcrawling is hard on the back) I am embarrased to say that I even let several of my friends ride her hard in moments of drunken bliss. Hell, one time two of my friends rode her at the same time! I never took part in the double teams, as I found them kind of gay. But, I must admit that I took secret plesure in her humiliation.

"Screw her needs," I would think to myself. Why should I clean up after this bitch?

Why should I clean her air filter? Why give this slut race gas when she will just as quickly open up her jets and accept filthy 87 octane?

She turned on me in the spring of 1998.

Glamis. The shangra-la of banshee owners nation-wide. I was ready. I was hard as steel. I had dropped $500 on the trip, and had been talking much shit to any Honda owner who would listen. Shee had been there for me every time before.

Not this time.

First she started complaning that she didn't want to start. A HONDA owner carelessly pulled up her seat and laughed at her dirty box.(filter) I was ashamed .

Next, she started cutting out when I tried to give her the deep throttle. She couldn't handle it.

The last straw was when she didn't let my friend finish.(his ride) He got deep into

the dunes, then shee fell asleep.

I took her home and sold her the next weekend.

The guy I sold her to papmered her back to health with a clean air filter and a new coil.

I still see her from time to time, out in the dunes. My first.

Love her and shee will love you back. Check your coil. ;)

Nice story there, made me laugh. As for the coil, it's a new coil and I can't seem to find my replacement that I had lying around...so I'm not going to go out and buy a new one just yet.

*EDIT* I just got inside from switching the coils (found my spare) and it made no difference, so now I'm back to I still have no clue as to what the hell is going on....

Edited by Flyin_Shee

Amazing that even on a Banshee website, I have not found an answer to my problem...man this sucks :( .

319263[/snapback]

We can't help you if you don't help us..I've told you numerous times to up your pilots and get a plug test at wot in 6th gear...if you don't listen then we can't help.. :blink: What sizes of jets have you tried (pilots and mains)??Have you tried 175 mains like I suggested in the beginning???

We can't help you if you don't help us..I've told you numerous times to up your pilots and get a plug test at wot in 6th gear...if you don't listen then we can't help.. :blink:  What sizes of jets have you tried (pilots and mains)??Have you tried 175 mains like I suggested in the beginning???

320537[/snapback]

Have you read any of my posts? I started out at 175 and worked my way down to 150. And I must've forgotten to mention that I have went up on my pilot and it didn't help at all. Also, I don't think I have enough room to do a 6th gear WOT plug test because I can't get up there fast enough.