33mm pwk jetting

1800bigk

I will be putting on some 33 pwk soon and I was wondering where my jetting should end up at. I tried the search but the words "33mm" " pwk" keep giving me an error because they are too short. Anyways, I have passion 12 port drag cyls .020 over , vforce 2, t-5's, k&n airfilter in stock air box with no lid. I am 800 ft above sea level and it is 40 degrees out side when I ride now. I know every bike is different and no one has the same jetting as the next guy, but I just want to hear from people who have 33 pwk and similar mods so I can get get the right assortment of jets and needles.

thanks

I am at 165 mains, CCL needle middle clip and 42 pilot. Its not quite right but its getting closer, I am going to try a 40 pilot and thinner needle like a CCK or CCJ. I would not even try the stock needle CGL mine was so lean it would cut out at half throttle. I have 12 port stock stroke with 33 PWK.

298185[/snapback]

He took the words out of my mouth.....Don't be afraid to go richer than those needles either. I'm going to try a EEJ next week.

• 1 month later...

What are these needles you guys are talking about? I'm having a problem with my PWK30mm's where it cuts out at half throttle, basically feels like it's flooding out and falling on it's face, but leaning it out hasn't helped and richening made it worse. I have gone from a 175 to 150 and I don't know if I should get more leaner jets or not, anyone have any ideas? My clip is at the top position (leanest) and I don't know what to do now.

What are these needles you guys are talking about? I'm having a problem with my PWK30mm's where it cuts out at half throttle, basically feels like it's flooding out and falling on it's face, but leaning it out hasn't helped and richening made it worse. I have gone from a 175 to 150 and I don't know if I should get more leaner jets or not, anyone have any ideas? My clip is at the top position (leanest) and I don't know what to do now.

319313[/snapback]

I believe the 30's have different needles, then the 33-35's, but I had a problem last year that sounds similiar to your problem, it ended up being a bad flywheel...Go figure. A screw came off my stator and destroyed my stator and flywheel so I borrowed one from another member while we were in California..my shee would run great till the upper rpms,then spit and sputter, changed the jetting numerous times. Got back to Maine and got a new flywheel and stator and walla, problem fixed...sometimes ignition problems resemble carb or jetting problems. Just thought I'd give you my experience..

I believe the 30's have different needles, then the 33-35's, but I had a problem last year that sounds similiar to your problem, it ended up being a bad flywheel...Go figure. A screw came off my stator and destroyed my stator and flywheel so I borrowed one from another member while we were in California..my shee would run great till the upper rpms,then spit and sputter, changed the jetting numerous times. Got back to Maine and got a new flywheel and stator and walla, problem fixed...sometimes ignition problems resemble carb or jetting problems. Just thought I'd give you my experience..

319803[/snapback]

Oh wow, that would make a lot of sense considering I did take off the cover to my flywheel to change my front sprocket...hmm I guess I'll have to check that out. Thanks!

Oh wow, that would make a lot of sense considering I did take off the cover to my flywheel to change my front sprocket...hmm I guess I'll have to check that out. Thanks!

319813[/snapback]

A lot of times we are the reasons why the shee won't run right. We take things apart and cause other mishaps...Usually when something goes wrong, I think of what I did to it recently and if something I did could cause the problem. 9out of 10 times it is..But this is how we all learn and find out why patience and time is very important to mechanics..