Thumb throttle mods

RNBRAD

I've seen the Cascade and the ModQuad billet thumb levers. They look quite a bit longer, was wondering if they are beneficial in releaving thumb fatigue? I'll try anything besides a twist throttle, been that route and it gave me a sore back. :blink:

I haven't tried either of the products you mentioned but I have used some generic extenders before. The are great for helping the old thumb from getting tired. The only thing I didn't like about them was they are a little harder to deal with in tight turning situations.

I haven't tried either of the products you mentioned but I have used some generic extenders before.  The are great for helping the old thumb from getting tired.  The only thing I didn't like about them was they are a little harder to deal with in tight turning situations.

287982[/snapback]

Thanks that is exactly what I was wanting to find out. I just want to extend my cruising time w/o thumb fatique.

Ive got the cascade on my wife's yfz. Nice product all in all and yes it helps tremendously with thumb fatigue. When I'm cruisin alot of time i'll just hold the throttle with my palm. Installation is pretty easy, took about 20 min cuz that stupid spring shot across the garage. Definately worth the money, but still not as good as a twisty!

I've seen the Cascade and the ModQuad billet thumb levers. They look quite a bit longer, was wondering if they are beneficial in releaving thumb fatigue? I'll try anything besides a twist throttle, been that route and it gave me a sore back.  :blink:

287849[/snapback]

it sure does. i have the cascade one as well and like wallrat said it's a nice product and worth the money. i'm sure that you'll be happy with it when you get it installed and ride with it.

Well put it on today, I was wondering what the extra washer/seal things was for, thought it may be for a different machine. Well it pays to read the directions, it told me to remove the factory dust seal which i did and replaced it with the supplied unit. Well I have to say the feel is awesome. Takes very little stregth to get it on the throttle as compared to the stock unit. It may take a tad getting used to, seems like you may have to move your hand out on the grip just a tad to allow for the greater length of the lever. I'll test it on a ong ride whn it gets warmer out. Thanks for the input guys. :D

You don't have to cut anything, just get an aftermarket lever, lever only, from modquad or cascade and it extend the lever out a bit allowing for easier operation. You can take the spring out of your throttle housing if your tors is removed.