I hit a tree at WOT

MudDuck

We were out trail riding and had a course half ass made up to race a couple ATV's at a time. Well the first part of the race is about 200-300 yard of whoops that you can fly thru and it takes a right turn and the 2nd part is thru the woods with several small jumps. I was flying trying to keep my buddy on his Banshee behind me when i flew by the first turn in 5th WOT. I didnt even try to hit the brakes but i figured i'd ride thru the field past the turn and haul ass back to try to catch him. Well this wasn't a very good idea. Cause when i got off the course and into the field i happen to a see a tree laying across, lengthwise in my way. It was one of those moments were everything slows down and you can actually say to yourself this is gonna Hurt!! I smacked into the tree head on, coming to a complete stop instantly. My knees ended up by the handle bars. But the Bitch didnt throw me off. My left tie rod was pretty bent but other then that nothing was hurt bad.

I did something similar on my banshee, but i was only in fourth gear when it happend, and i hit the tree with almost that much speed, you're right, everything seems to go into sloooowwww motion. and the brakes were all locked up. I got thrown over the front, only to be watching the shee do a front flip while im upside down. i ended up crunchin the frame down almost on the axle, i bent the steering stem, folded itp .190 rims onto the rotor, and bent 1 a-arm, :cry: it wasn't a good day for me when i did that.