Mixing the oil

BudBlazer

wtf 50:1 that shit will fuck it up

banghead

285418[/snapback]

If you use Amsoil Saber Professional they recomend you to mix it at 100:1

285444[/snapback]

damn i had know idea. thats crazy shit. gues i wont be buyin that stuff.

wtf 50:1 that shit will fuck it up

banghead

285418[/snapback]

If you use Amsoil Saber Professional they recomend you to mix it at 100:1

285444[/snapback]

What most people dont relize is Amsoil mixed 100-1is BAD. They (amsoil) make that stuff for racing...its racing oil. Top racers, even somewhat crappy ones, rebuild their engines alot to keep them in top performace. Amsoil doesnt say on their bottle you can run that stuff for 6 year at 100-1 and never need a rebuild, nor owuld they because its not made for daily riding. If you plan on rebuilding alot, thats your stuff, but its not engineered to protect your engine for a long time, or give it longevity, just to give you power.

less oil = power

less oil = wear, and lots of it

Well Bud, 1to1 means one part gas to one part oil. 32 to 1 is 32 parts gas to 1part oil, etc, etc. I have been running Amsoil for two years at 50 to one and haven't lost any compression due to exsessive wear. Almost all of my riding has been in the sand dunes, which works your motor way more than dirt. I am no light weight and I ride the bashee hard. So I know the motor gets worked . Don't be afraid to take a good quality oil out to 50 to 1. It is the quality of the oil that counts not the volume of oil that is put in the gas. By the way I always take more gas than I need anytime I go riding, and a extra quart of oil.

How do you determine what 32:1 is in gallons:oil in order to add the right mixture?  Is some kind of equation or you just add oil and check your plugs? :confused:

285984[/snapback]

this is why you need a lil cup they call ratio rite it tell you how much oil to put in for what ratio you want.... they are cheap go get one at rockymountainatv... or if you buy the lil bottles some say on the side what each bottle will make per gal for what ratio you want...

here is all you need to determine your ratios

1. There are 128 oz in 1 gallon (US)

2. The ratio is gas to oil which means that you divide the total number of oz of gas by the total ounces of oil you are using to get the ratio of ounces of gas/ to ounces of oil.

So if you have 5 gallons of gas and you add 20 ounces of oil you get the following:

(5 gallons X 128 oz/gal)/20 oz oil = 640 oz gas/20 oz oil = 32 oz gas/oz oil or 32:1

You can back this out the other way if you know your ratio and either the gas or oil amounts. The simplest way is to use the ratio rite cup and mix according to the marks on the side. The ratio table on the banshee zone is basically the same thing as I described above except the mat has already been done for you. Personally I run 5 gallons of gas and a 16oz bottle of synthetic oil for a 40:1 ratio but you need to determine what is right for your application.

Wheatchex

Forget all the math bullshit, and just get a ratio rite, dump the oil in to the perfered mixture, dump it in your jug, shake it up, and pour.

287132[/snapback]

While using a ratiorite is easiest, at least he will know how to get the ratio he wants while waiting for his ratiorite to come in. Also not everyone has a ratiorite. Being informed is better than being ignorant.

Wheatchex