Sprocket brand preference?

RNBRAD

Hey guys, wanting to try some different gear ratio's. I don't want to fork out the money for a few sets of Sidewinder's till I find exactly the gearing I like. I don't want to use any junk either. I've never used anything other than Sidwinder and stock so I'm clueless at what brands to even look at. Let me know some good reliable sprockets at a reasonable price range. Thanks.

Same brands that are listed above. One thing I try to stick with is odd number of teeth on sprockets. With even numbers of teeth the same parts of the chain link plates start to wear a pattern into the sprockets thus wearing them out faster. With the odd number of teeth the link plates land alternately on the teeth spreading wear out over the whole sprocket. You'll really notice this on machines that the chain doesn't totally line up and you have wear on the sides of the sprockets. Just my choice but it makes a difference with 15/41 on my stroker.

Same brands that are listed above. One thing I try to stick with is odd number of teeth on sprockets. With even numbers of teeth the same parts of the chain link plates start to wear a pattern into the sprockets thus wearing them out faster. With the odd number of teeth the link plates land alternately on the teeth spreading wear out over the whole sprocket. You'll really notice this on machines that the chain doesn't totally line up and you have wear on the sides of the sprockets. Just my choice but it makes a difference with 15/41 on my stroker.

284092[/snapback]

Yea, teeth rotate from inside link to between links. That is a very good point. Thanks.