Which paddle tire do you perfer?

moookie132

I'm running Skat-Trak Hauler Extremes and love 'em, along with Mohawks on the front. I've never had anything but excellent service from Skat-Trak, those are some great guys to deal with. Never tried Edges but like led said, they are supposed to be a good all-around paddle...I drag some and trail ride and no complaints with the Haulers, they damn sure hook up.

Edges are great tires, I used to run them and had no problems from them. I run Sand Stars now and think they dune better, Sand Stars don't hole shot as well as others but for general duning they are great, plus they're cheaper than the Skat-Traks.

I had some haulers before and they were great but I do a lot more dunning than shooting up a hill. I was looking at the sand stars, but I think they are a little more heavier? no?

they do look great. I called skat trak and they even have size 6 inch paddles for my kids 60's. they are a good company and they actually pick up the phone when you call them.

:headbang:

I ran Sand Skate II's for about 4 yrs. Loved them, a really good all around sand tire, for everything, even drag. Their only downfall is price and weight. They are performers though in all area's. I now run 10 paddle Xtreme Haulers. Most excellent tire also. Only downfall I could find with straight paddles was less stability while sidehilling. Though a better drag tire they are not the best all around performer as the SSII's, but very close mind you. It was worth the trade off for the acceleration factor.

i've never run any other paddle on mine except GBC paddlemasters. I have ridden a friend's banshee with skat-trak edges and one with haulers. I'm hooked on my paddlemasters though. They turn great, hook up nicely, and I've run them in sand, snow, mud, and over rock and asphalt going from one area to another. They're 2 years old and show some wear and tear, but just rounded edges on the paddles. One has a small chunk out of the paddle, but it doesn't affect the performance. They are a bit heavy though, and the paddles are tall... 1 1/2 inches approximately. They've run well on my stock shee without a single problem.