Stealership worked their magic.

antwa

Should I check it out or is shee just starting to run lean as soon as I close the fuel.

Are you talking about shutting the fuel off at the petcock? It will rev high when it is running out of fuel so it sounds like you are just running lean due to lack of fuel in the bowls.

That's exactly what I was going to say.. If its starving for fuel when you shut the gas off itll rev up on its own. But it usually takes longer than 10 seconds of idling.

EDIT: Dealerships try to fuck ya.. And you dont even get a reach around..... :shrugani:

Edited by stclark04

Antwa hoe lyk dinge daar swaer?

Like the other guys said, 2-strokes normally rev up when they run out of fuel, so try to avoid it. If you really want to empty the carbs after riding then just close the petcock and open the bowl drains to empty them.

How's the shoulder doing now, you back on the move again?

Like the other guys said, 2-strokes normally rev up when they run out of fuel, so try to avoid it. If you really want to empty the carbs after riding then just close the petcock and open the bowl drains to empty them.

281033[/snapback]

ya know after all this time i just noticed your from africa.thats a beutifull place.ive been to zimbabwe on a hunting trip,are you close to victoria falls?

281033[/snapback]

Hi J. J.

Shoulders ok, not completely healed but I have been doing a lot of riding lately. Have you visited South Africa recently?

When was the last time you sat on a Shee?

:cheers:

281033[/snapback]

ya know after all this time i just noticed your from africa.thats a beutifull place.ive been to zimbabwe on a hunting trip,are you close to victoria falls?

281048[/snapback]

I live about 400 miles form Victoria Falls, but a have visited Zambi

we hunted plains game,both my uncle and i.we both had shot a kudu,bushbuck,duiker(sp),warthog,impala's,jackles,bushpig,and a civet cat.we tryed for a zebra but they kept on winding us and gave up after 6 miles of stalking.the kudus and bushbuck and duiker were records and we are in the record book for them. i found that hole trip to be one of the best things that has happened to me in my life ecept fot getting married.had to put that in there just incase the old lady reads this ;)

Antwa, if the jetting wasn't changed and it's running rich now, it may need to be rejetted...it's summertime in the southern hemisphere now isn't it? If the air temps are higher now than the last time it ran perfect, you may need to drop a size on your main jets. Be careful going leaner though, as it's an easy way to cause some damage.

It almost sounds like the shop just tried leaning out the airscrews to try and overcome the rich condition, that may be why it's more sensitive now to revving up (lean) when you turn off the fuel petcock. So if it was mine I'd dial in the mains and then adjust the airscrews (going by how it idles and responds right off idle, NOT how it idles up when you turn off the fuel). Good luck.