Paint bought at Auto Zone... I am impressed!

Bmatlock

I got tired of the plain grey frame on my Banshee. I went to Auto Zone to see what they had. I found this paint called Metal Cast. It comes in a few different colors. I picked the red. I also bought the Ground mask paint that they call for using as a base coat. I will tell you that this red is the best candy metal flake I have ever seen. I would highly reccomend it to anyone. It dries fast. I even painted in 45 degree weather in my garage ( I live in Illinois) with no runs and the drying time was less than 1 hour. I will post a picture tomorrow afternoon if anyone wants to see it.

Thanks,

Brian M. :bolt:

Edited by Bmatlock

I got tired of the plain grey frame on my Banshee. I went to Auto Zone to see what they had. I found this paint called Metal Cast. It comes in a few different colors. I picked the red. I also bought the Ground mask paint that they call for using as a base coat. I will tell you that this red is the best candy metal flake I have ever seen. I would highly reccomend it to anyone. It dries fast. I even painted in 45 degree weather in my garage ( I live in Illinois) with no runs and the drying time was less than 1 hour. I will post a picture tomorrow afternoon if anyone wants to see it.

Thanks,

Brian M. :bolt:

Im using the same thing on my 04 frame for when i grind on spots and it matches up pretty well, i painted my cylinders with is aslo but it would look better if the were polished up a bit.

I think that it's a no lose deal cause you didn't have to spend too much, doesn't look like you spent too much time taking stuff apart (maybe alittle masking) and from the pics it looks like a pro job. Are you going to put some clear on top? Might add more shine / durability.

...I wouldn't replace the zerks just add alittle boot like the ones on your brake calipers

I also bought paint from auto zone, just yesterday, tired of that old grey. Doing a ground up, and i couldnt afford a pc, so i got primer, primer sealer, and duplicolor paint (laquer based, made me worried) and duplicolor clear coat, (acrylic) and the stuff worked great. Two coats of primer, primed it then wet sanded, primed it again. Then Primer sealed it, two coats. Then painted it, 2 or more coats. Then clear coated it, two or more coats. Sounds complicated, buty it can be easiliy done if you have a whole day. I ran outa paint, so i couldnt completly finish my parts today. But heres it so far:

First Coat

yamaha-banshee-96-bikepics-242109.jpg

First Coat

yamaha-banshee-96-bikepics-242110.jpg

In Progress

yamaha-banshee-96-bikepics-242111.jpg

Final Coat, Under Flash

yamaha-banshee-96-bikepics-242112.jpg

Final Coat, No Flash

yamaha-banshee-96-bikepics-242113.jpg

Final Coat

yamaha-banshee-96-bikepics-242114.jpg

That Paint is pretty damed good with all the prep and clear coat after... I think it will be better than pc, i can touch it up whnever i want :dance:

What do you think of the color? These pctures look a tad bit dull, it has some metallic in it...