TR6 jet issues?

RK2K2WS6

I got a 99 bansh with TR6 pipes, pro flow 2 into 1, tr6 foam fillter that came with the pipes, boost bottle, i bought the kit that came with 270 and 280 jets and needles. My bike ran good with stock pipes and stock jetting. I put the pipes on and it didnt get any faster. I put the needles in and i put 280s in and 270s about a week later and the bike spit and sputtered. I put 250 in it and it dont spit and sputter any more but it still runs the same as it did before the pipes. To cut to the chase what size jet do I need to put in and what needle position do i need to set it at. I live in St. Louis Missouri. Im not sure but i think it is 500ft. above sea level.

any help would be greatly appreciated

When I got my T-6s the jets that came with them were way lean. I also got the 2into1 intake and wound up running a 340 main jet with the stock needle I think in the middle position. Everyone told me the dynojet needles were just blaster needles and to use the stockers they seem to work about the same. My elevation is sea level.

I have t-6's(paking and screens removed with hush kit,) pro flow air kit, boost bottle, and Power curve reeds. I am at sea level. Its getting cold (40's) so I am running it at 300 mains, stock pilot, air screw 1 turn out, needle second from top and Klots 40:1. Shee runs like a raped ape. Check your plugs...... If its a little warmer run 290 mains.

good luck....

CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!!CHECK Your Plugs!! :headbang:

I have a tr-6's and I am running at sea level. I run 280 mains and when I go up above 400 ft elevation, I will run 270 mains. My needle is set at the 4th from the top. Lifting the needle slightly from the stock posistion for a little more fuel at idle.

But it sounds to me like you have another issue if you are spitting with 270's at sea level. We need more info.

Did you put the o-rings in the pipes?

Do you have any other mods?

I will bet if you run you quad with the 250 mains, you will have motor problems eventually. But it will feel awsome until that problem occurs. Remember when running lean it feels like more power! At least it does to me!

i got T-6's and my jets they gave me were way lean too, im runnin 320's and its dialed in pretty well dead on, im at about 700 ft at about 20 -30 degree temps

stock pilot jet and what not and air screws i left alone, i would definatley go up to about a 320 , check yer plugs and go from there

HOPE THIS HELPS !!

Matt

Edited by bansheelover

The pipe companies NEVER EVER give you the proper jets. DO NOT EVER solely rely on what they give you for jetting.

RK2K2WS6, I'd say get rid of the crappy "Toomey" needles and put your stock ones back in on the 4th clip from the top/blunt end. I hear nothing but problems with jetting when they're being used.

Then put in some 300 or 310 main jets and you should feel some difference considerably. You should be somewhere from 290 to 320. Some, on occasion, will be a little richer than that, but I'd start at 300 or 310 then run it. And like DBLtapS mentioned so poetically, check your plugs. If your not sure how, then go to the BHQ Jetting FAQ.

Your pilot should be either a 27.5 or 30 depending on conditions.

Elevation plays a part in it, but you can take someone from Missouri at 500' and someoone from California at 500' and they could have completely different jetting setups, partly due to humidity, and some due to air thickness, so elevation is a factor, but not the only factor.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...