passion 12 port vs trinity port

If you would have searched the site you would see that there is already NUMEROUS posts about passion porting and those who have trinity's porting have chimed in there as well...Seems like this question is asked by a different person every freakin day :shootself:

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34611

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?...4592&hl=trinity

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?...topic=34272&hl=

Edited by bigboybanshee

you can't even compare the two. one offers port work in stages and wont talk with you over the phone about any concerns you have while the other will talk with you for hours. Even if there are some people that can't get their motor dialed in, I'd say a passion motor with a huge dead spot would still run alot better than a trinity motor. Since when has trinity been fast anyway?

I have one of there stage 2's that was gone over by micro edm (they assembled the motor also here in michigan)

It runs good, I'm really happy with it. I'm not going to be beating stroker banshees' ect. But I have been beating everything else I have lined up against. Wich includes now 3 hooked up 450's. One yfz and two honda 450r's a 310r, a ported 250r, and a 302r. Stock banshee's, piped banshees,built up raptors ect. It's just a play motor, nothing real serious. So in my opinion no trinity does not suck. I don't think passion re sucks either. Either way your banshee's going to be faster then it was before. I'd consider patriot,ftz, A&S and eric gorr also after hearing from some others. There's a few other really good tuners here in michigan also. Mines only going to get faster with every teardown :lol:

I have spoke with many dealers off this website including some others. I wouldn't go with ANYTHING trinity. GO with jim, their isnt a question in my opinion. I will not say who I have talked to but I believe their experience and I hope you dont go to trinity.

Edited by John19

• 2 weeks later...

I went with a Trinity stage IV and am very well pleased with the results. I experienced excellent and above average customer service as all of it was over the phone. They made sure all bases were covered with my expectations and tuning prior to porting. I didn't want to send perfectly polished jugs to just anybody. They were returned without a scratch. The internal porting was an absolute work of art and they gave me complete jetting specs for my mods that were spot on. One thing I noticed in particular is that these guys are honest in reality rather than just trying to make the sale. So I ended up buying some parts that they do not carry from other manufacturers.

There are quite a few company's that do really good port jobs and most of them are a little different from the next. Some have many different port styles and some have just a couple. In reality Its all about how much power, where you want the power and how wide the power band will be. Its a give and take relationship. Everybody has a different opinion on whats best. Do the research and find out whats best for you. Then you just have yourself to blame when you screw up. :unsure:

I race with my passion motor. My competition is a 535 trinity motor. We run pretty much the same but he has a little better chassis set-up. It think those jugs run around $3000 if I'm not mistaken. I only spent a third of that and I'm rubbin tires with him. If your not sure what you want, give Jim a shout and he'll work through it with you. I called Jim and told him I flattrack, he said ok, this is what you want.............................I said, do it. :headbang: NO REGRETS!