What's your fave part on the shee to work on?

sredish

I swear if it had a bathroom and a fridge I'd only emerge to go to work and go ridin'.

you mean yo dont have a fridge in your garage?!?!? GASP! where do you get cold beer when youre mowing the lawn? :bolt:

hey CEJ, about them stainles fasteners. are they stronger than grade 5's, or no? i hear some different things and since you mentioned them.

also my fav thing to do is get my damn PD head to seal up right. <_<

Stainless isn't any stronger than mild steel, its just more abrasive when I'm trying to cut it.

i hate workin on the damn chain, and i hated when i had to dial in my castor and shit, what a pain in the ass!

love workin on everything else, from just cleanin it, to doin a whole engine rebuild, the part i seem to be fuckin with the most thou is always in the flywheel side

I'd say that my specialty is the carbs. I can change out the mains in about 10 minutes and the needles in about 15. I could see how playing with the jetting could be a bitch though if you don't have the tors removed. I hate working on anything that isn't related to the motor. I completed a frame swap though recently, so I think I got a handle on pretty much everything.

I'd say that my specialty is the carbs. I can change out the mains in about 10 minutes and the needles in about 15. I could see how playing with the jetting could be a bitch though if you don't have the tors removed. I hate working on anything that isn't related to the motor. I completed a frame swap though recently, so I think I got a handle on pretty much everything.

I've stripped my bike twice now. Once in the winter, and once a week after I totalled it and was still hobbling around on sprainged ankles and black and blue knees, and it was still one of the funnest things I've done with my banshee. The second time it took me over 8 hours to strip it because it hurt to move.

I would love to get to the point where every 2 years I could do a frame off rebuild, and just once I'd like to strip the parts off my frame and put them onto a brand new frame sitting right beside it.

gearing. gimme a hill and i can tell you what kinda gearing to run on it. when we go to hillclimbs we always change something. its just cool to know what kinda gearing to run. too high and you are not going anywhere, and too low you are going somewhere but not fast enough. i do it at home too. i just put a 15 tooth front on the cr500 banshee and decided that its faster from 1 to 5 than a 13 tooth from 2nd to 5th. hehe. :headbang: