Fuel Cock

xt45

there is only one tank, the petcock on a stock setup has one inlet taller than the other, so when the fuel level goes below the taller one "on" & you switch to the shorter one "reserve" you are opening the shorter inlet to allow the remaining fuel in the tank to reach the carbs. kinda a cheap way to let you know you are almost out of fuel.... as for filling, it does'nt matter which position the lever is in...

I run mine on reserve from time to time just so I know the gas and oil that has settled in that draw tube is getting flushed out every now and again. Don't know if its even neccesary but I don't want to click to reserve one day to have it plugged.

Agreed. But, I've changed my reserve tank out with a trick billet one and it looks super trick. I'll post a pic when I have time. B)

cej - i too have though of that before and he is the solution i came up with. cut that shitty filter out. pull your petcock from the tank then cut the mircoscreen filter system off. this doesnt really help my fuel flow cause ive got stock carbs. but maybe if you had some 33's? anyways just make sure to put in a 99cent jobbie from RMATV, you know the conically shaped in-line filters.

I run mine on reserve from time to time just so I know the gas and oil that has settled in that draw tube is getting flushed out every now and again. Don't know if its even neccesary but I don't want to click to reserve one day to have it plugged.

Had that problem on saturday with this 87' that I just pieced together.Crusing down the trail,I clutched it and all the sudden the idle started racing.I knew exactly what it was since I just clicked over to reserve,luckily I was only a stones throw from my truck.To think how many times I had the tank off and never just tried to crack the petcock to see if it was ok. banghead

i bought a pingle. it looks like itll flow some fuel :headbang:

WTF is a pingle :confused: ??

its just a high dollar petcock. looks to be a lot better unit than the stocker. my fuckin stocker started leaking and i figured i might as well go aftermarket on it.

hey do the pingles have res? it doesnt look like it, but im kinda wonderin.

nope it doesnt. i guess you just have to be careful when you start gettin low.

i bought a pingle. it looks like itll flow some fuel :headbang:

WTF is a pingle :confused: ??

its just a high dollar petcock. looks to be a lot better unit than the stocker. my fuckin stocker started leaking and i figured i might as well go aftermarket on it.

not to mention it will pass more gas than your mother in law at El Chico :jesterlaugh: