Clocked at 204mph?

i hit 180 on my 04 zx-10r and rolled of the throttle real smoooooth. i could do a stand up wheelie at 143 easily in 4th gear. yes a 1000cc street bike can do over 200 just have to get it re maped and the rev limiter bumped up by about 3 grand.

How did you like your zx-10? I was looking at one a while back. 180 was your indicated speed right? motorcycle spedos have a rather large margin of error you were more than likely in the area of 160, i had the error percentages somewhere, ill try to find them.

The kid is actually the Sherrifs son too. What I can't believe is that an airplane with a stopwatch is really an accurate measure of speed. I could see it as reasonable at 70mph but at 205 a split second could drop you 20mph+

If that is the case then he could always argue that he was only going like 170 or 180 :D

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0922042speed1.html

Here is a picture of the ticket.

If the officer was 2 tenths of a second slow starting the stopwatch, and 2 tenths fast stopping it, then the speed would be 187MPH which is very likely. Although, I had heard that Tilley works for a motorcycle performance shop. This came from someone that heard him on a radio show. As was said, a WELL tuned and geared RC could possibly break 200MPH.

As was said, sport bike speedo's are the most innacurate instruments in the world. The funny thing is, they all read about the same regardless of brand.

I have taken my CBR1000RR to an indicated 170MPH in 5th gear. The digital speedometer was still skipping 3-4 MPH while accelerating past 160.

You know your tickets gonna cost ya a few bucks when it makes the national news. :shootself:

I hit 160 at the top of 5th on my Ducati 996. I feel comfortable in the 80 - 120 mph range. But not at 130 on up, it is like beyond the point of safe return if you get one of those Aw shit moments.

I'd like to take a look at that bike to see what was done to it.I saw the story scrolled across the bottom on fox news and just about shit.Now that's truckin'. He's probably done close to that speed quite a few times on that road and it just happens the popo was there to witness.

i think it fookin cool. but i didnt the police helos were that fast.

No chopper, it was a plane.

i see. so helos arent that fast? sweet, i have a chance.

don't know what type of helocopters that the medics use here but I do remember reading an article from a local paper, they reached +150mph..