can a fellow HQer make one of .....

98bonerSTOCKshee

I have been running bumper-less, I like the look but the 'shee needs something..I saw this tonight.

72-4400-01LG.jpg

I have been on HQ for howlong :unsure:? :Wow 1 year now. :D

I have read enough to know that more than a handful of ya'l could possible do a custom version. I have nothing but a small dremel :o , sawsAll , torch ,arc welder and hacksaw. The dremel has potential, but all other are pointless to me for this kind of handy work.

This quard looks fairly simple, I am thinking thin piece of that shiney stuff with team logo or something cut ..

What ya think? :headbang::headbang:

pm me some quotes!

Edited by 98bonerSTOCKshee

I've never seen one of those on a banshee before...looks pretty cool! You might be able to PM Cotton Eyed Joe about it, he makes some pretty snazzy billet parts, and can make custom pieces as well...

There is a chance for a bumper like that. I sub all that type of work to a sheet metal shop that does quite a bit of work for me, and also sends quite a bit of work to me, so I typically get a much better deal than someone walking in off the street. I'll talk to my sheet metal guy next week when he dumps off a bunch of emergency work and have him quote it roughly.

I don't know about polishing it though. When I get parts make out of sheet, the sheet gets beat all to hell with surface scratches and such because when you work with it, you can't just lay it in there gentile. Stuff gets moved around when it gets bent and punched and rolled. Other than making them out of a thin guage steel and then chrome plating them, I don't think a polished aluminum one would be possible for me to do. Plain mill finish aluminum would be doable.

Does it just bolt on with that one hole in the middle and some sort of clamp at the bottom??

Does it just bolt on with that one hole in the middle and some sort of clamp at the bottom??

I am not sure hoe it bolts on, I have been working late and haven't had a chance to actually look at the 'shee to figure it out...

I was talking to a guy at work, his been working with 1/8 alum. diamond plate. That would look pretty cool...

Let me know what your guy quotes you...

Looks neat, I think it's laser cut from the looks of the DG letters. If you where to get a proto cut you would pay big bucks for an operator to run one off, but the cost would drop drastically with numbers.

I need a laser.

Just wonder what it would cost...

hum? would this come in handy?

Edited by 98bonerSTOCKshee

If anyone can post a pic for me i got initails with flames cut out it looks pretty nice, can make em if anyone wants one same exact layout as that dg bumber just flames and diffrent letter on it

send me a picture and price.. woodstockii@joimail.com

what you making them out of?