How long does 110 octane gas stay fresh?

bansheeigo

I did read on the Klotz site that you do not want to store it (sealed or not) in a plastic container. It said that the makeup of plastic will absorb the certain particles of the fuel and it will basically go bad. If your going to store it or not use it somewhat quickly, store it in a sealed metal container. I might start buying 30 gal deals of VP. It'd be nice to have here rather than running for fuel all the time.

What's a long period of time mean?? week, month?? I usally mix 5 gallons at a time, and sometimes the left overs might sit for a month (in a plastic container)... is that bad?

I did hear that fresh race fuel will produce more HP (like 1 or 2 more HP) then "older" fuel. This was dyno tested awhile ago in atv sport.

Mixed gas has a shelf life of 30 days.After 30 days the fuel will start to break down from the moisture thats been absorbed.Water will actually begin to develop in the fuel and varnish will form

Gas will start to lose its octane after 7 days.A properly sealed container will slow the process,but the air thats trapped inside the drum or tank will contribute moisture and everytime you open the tank,your allowing more of that moisture/varnish to develop.

A steel drum is the best container to store fuel in,but it must be kept in a controlled enviorment where drastic temp changes do not occur.