Ford Excursion ?'s

broke

well, heres where the drame gets drug out :::::: alot of dealers will warranty a banks equiped truck IF it is installed by banks themselves or the dealer, now. if say you do have a warranty issue and you roll in with a edge plugged in, your sitting on "oasis" a ford term that denies your warranty work due to a modded motor with a chip, tuner or programmer, and once its flashing oasis, its in every dealer computer in the country. if say you have a chip or a programmer, it would be wise to remove it before taking it to the dealer, even for an oil change. then reason comes into play. by law, ford has to prove that it was your chip or programmer that indeed caused any internal damage to your motor before they can tell you to get bent. so to avoid it, remove it and yes some programmers will leave a code in the trucks brain that can be read by fords computer. things like gears and tires are a big issue, i had my lift and tires put on and went straight to my buddys house to swap the gears, so if my tranny did blow, it will be covered because it was not the tire size that caused the tranny to blow, it was smoking the tires for a 1/4 mile B) but thats just hearsay. keep in mind these trucks have more then enough power to pull whatever you have, and really dont need any more balls, but like the banshee, we have to do it !! im hoping after the 6 gun ill hit around 700 hp and ill be done, not like i need it but i have it. diesel dynamics and banks helped me get to where im at so far. for starters, get an exhaust and an intake and the difference will bo so much better you may just leave it. wow, its late and i could go on forever. good night

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with the newer 6.0s, the computer will never know the module is there because it alters the signal after the computer. with the older 7.3s, the chip actually altered the computer itself and it'd throw a code. the only way a dealer can tell if a module is in the 6.0 is if they see it or you tell em.

Rule of thumb = find out how your dealer feels about chips/modules/etc., some are totatlly against and others have no prob with them. My local dealer is more impressed with my truck than scared to work on it. if I have a problem, no questions, they look at it and diagnose as normal. if it's not the chip's problem, then there's no issue. In fact, once, i was tinkering with my electrical, trying to make a homemade idle control and fried my computer when i hooked up the power. :shrugani: towed it in, and he's like "wink wink", your computer failed, don't know why, "wink wink". Not saying they'll normally do that, but ask around and talk to different dealers and find one that is more friendly to diesel mods, they're out there. Other dealers won't touch the truck if they know it's been modded, or some will just say, oh it's the chip that's doing it, when it's freaking dumping coolant on the ground or something ridiculous.

700 HP?????? With bolt on Banks gear? Are you sure? I am thinking maybe 400-450 or so....... 700 HP is an astronomical # unless you drop some serious loot with some custom parts directly from Banks. I'm talkin some serious loot. You ain't gonna get close to those #'s with a powerpack??? :unsure: What else you runnin on the truck Evil?

boon, right now its all motor mods with the banks stuff. ill have to dig up all the reciepts and part numbers on the injectors, pump, bigger turbo and all that jazz. last i heard when i add the programmer i should be damn near 700 hp. and once i hit close or near, im done, well mabey a new tranny and a little "bug juice" :o just for future safty i have a tranny fund.

boon, right now its all motor mods with the banks stuff. ill have to dig up all the reciepts and part numbers on the injectors, pump, bigger turbo and all that jazz. last i heard when i add the programmer i should be damn near 700 hp. and once i hit close or near, im done, well mabey a new tranny and a little "bug juice" :o just for future safty i have a tranny fund.

Holy good God man. You better have a tranny find NOW!!! Man, those are impressive #'s. :headbang:

i dunno. excursions are for the players. the ladies seem to love my friends dad's ex(7.3) that we occasionaly take out for the night. the could get used often as soccer mom vehicles but i think that you cant go wrong with one. especially the diesel. another of my friends mom has an ex with a 5.4 and that thing sucks shit. can barely pull it self into the driveway, not really that bad, but its no diesel or even V-10. just my experiences with them, go for it broke.

if i were u id get a king ranch f250 4x4  instead . u could haul shit in the bed and save space in the trailer . and get places alot of other vehicles cant go

I do appreciate your advice, but the King Ranch is a little too down home for me. If I needed to haul hay or chicken feed, that model of the 250 would have been a much better choice. I already have a pickup for that.

I don't really see where a 250 can go that my EX can't.

i dunno. excursions are for the players. the ladies seem to love my friends dad's ex(7.3) that we occasionaly take out for the night. the could get used often as soccer mom vehicles but i think that you cant go wrong with one. especially the diesel. another of my friends mom has an ex with a 5.4 and that thing sucks shit. can barely pull it self into the driveway, not really that bad, but its no diesel or even V-10. just my experiences with them, go for it broke.

I brought it home on Tuesday and have been loving it so far. Well...up until I had to fill it up from 1/4 and it cost $75, I guess I will get used to that. 800 miles on a tank is nice though.

I brought it home on Tuesday and have been loving it so far. Well...up until I had to fill it up from 1/4 and it cost $75, I guess I will get used to that. 800 miles on a tank is nice though.

fuckin yeah dude. :headbang: whatcha gettin first? chip, tires, or propane injection. :bolt: did you get the 4wd or 2?

I brought it home on Tuesday and have been loving it so far.  Well...up until I had to fill it up from 1/4 and it cost $75, I guess I will get used to that.  800 miles on a tank is nice though.

fuckin yeah dude. :headbang: whatcha gettin first? chip, tires, or propane injection. :bolt: did you get the 4wd or 2?

It's an 05 limited 4x4. I will have to get some pics up soon, but it really looks like every other Ex out there.

The mods will have to wait, this thing will probably become a glorified grocery getter and hauling all 10 lbs of my son with my wife behind the wheel when it's not towing.

The mods will have to wait, this thing will probably become a glorified grocery getter and hauling all 10 lbs of my son with my wife behind the wheel when it's not towing.

That's why they make multi-stage chips.

You get in it, throw it in the 120hp setting and smoke some dudes, then before your wife gets back in it, put it back down in the 40hp setting and she'll have a better passing gear and get better mileage, and you know she won't be racing with your kid in the back in the 40hp mode. ;)