footpeg idea!

I've emailed the pictures to Dave. Here is what you do, buy some blaster footpegs off ebay for 10bucks, cut the pegs off and use a transfer punch to create a new bracket out of 1/4'' stock. Cut your stock pegs off and weld them to the blaster pegs. Use a piece of 1'' angle to brace underneath, and a 2 1/4'' piece of rectangluar tubing with one end cut off for your extensions. You'll have to put a 1/2'' spacer on the footpeg where your right foot goes. Weld it all together and paint it with some Rustolem and bolt everything up. I've been real pleased with them, and I only spent 15bucks and 1hour of labor vs. 1days pay for the IMS ones.

Marc

pictures are needed def. ive got a good imagination but im still not puttin all of this together.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was the first to perform the shocker for sure! :whoa:

i first performed it on my 85 banshee the day i brought it home from the dealership. i think i was about 2 at that time.

I heard when the yamaha R&d team, way back in the day designed the Banshee, the initial shop drawings, were just of one big fuckin peg with tires...... :whoa:

:lol: yea, the peg was so big they didnt even have room for the engine. so then they went with a smaller version of peg which is what we all know today. and thats the history of the banshee footpeg!

I was the first to perform the shocker for sure!

i meant on a human, not an animal :lol:

O M G thats so fucking cool, why didnt i think of that, mabey i could start selling them.  :flush:

mmm sounds cool eve maybe you could call it....um Roll Design?... :dance:

doug who roll what, no obla english main :P

:lol: yea, the peg was so big they didnt even have room for the engine. so then they went with a smaller version of peg which is what we all know today. and thats the history of the banshee footpeg!

.....................and to this day the folks at Yamaha fondly Refer to the banshee as "Peg"................................

.....................and to this day the folks at Yamaha fondly Refer to the banshee as "Peg"................................

:lol: