oxidation

snogimp

How bad is it? Normally a few passes of mother polish will take care of it.If not try a buffing wheel and some inox if the part is removable.If you have some nice billet on your shee be sure to hit the bypass on your waterheater when washing your shee. Billet hates soft water.

Edited by BansheeBrian

my billet stator cover has faded some, needs to be polished.

my rear axle has faded some, also needs to be polished.

my front fenders.... wait.... what front fenders... banghead

my douglas wheels need to be polished

i try not to spill gas too much, but i guess it does happen.

someone showed me some stuff once where you rip the little piece of cotton out and it has polish on it, you use the little piece to polish the aluminum and then throw it away when your done.

someone showed me some stuff once where you rip the little piece of cotton out and it has polish on it, you use the little piece to polish the aluminum and then throw it away when your done.

I believe its called Nev'r Dull or somthin like that, I've used it and prefer this weird shit my parents get from wax world? its an all metal polish and it works better than mothers IMO.

i guess now that we know wtf your talking about we can stop guessing. try waving a torch or a heat gun over the plastic to see if it brings the color back, if it dont, buy a new set. and if its the plastic over the tank, remove the cap and have your bud holding the camera ;)