banshee jumping?

i have a 300EX now but will be buying a banhee in the fall or winter. I was wondering what would be a better jumper and how is the suspension on the shee?? will it be better or worse than the 300EX. and how much does the banshee weigh?? do any of you mind that it dosent have reverse??

Thanks for all the help!!

the shee weighs roughly with a full tank of gas somewhere in the neighborhood of 400lbs, as far as the suspension goes i've heard that shees aren't that great. But compared to a 300ex it might be respectable or even slightly better. About that reverse question, banshee's are soo good at going forward you won't even want to think about going backwards. Basically as much a$$ as shee hauls, who needs reverse. hope that helps you out a bit.

The banshee is a very capable jumper. It will jump easily, landings can be hard sometimes, especially if your off a little. Aftmkt shocks are extremely appreciated on the shee however. You can pick up a set of Works shocks pretty inexpensively and it will be three times the jumper and handle a lot better.

But comparing the 300ex to the banshee is pretty hard, they are both totally different, setup differently, power comes in way different, and it's more taxing to ride, but if you like adrenaline and the insane power, then you'll like it.

i just bought my first banshee. i rode an 86 250r 3 wheeler for years and i would have to say the banshee is a very comfortable jumper..it dosnt tend to pitch foreward like most quads i have riden and it does have a good suspention systom (stock)..you can awlys upgrade but i would have to say pound for pound the banshee is a great jumper..it was a very comfortable switch for me..my fiancee never rode a day in her life untill this past febuary and she is very comfortable in all aspects on her banshee..jumping,turns, what ever the banshee is a perfect bike for the person that has been riding for years and fort the person that is just starting out( as long asou keep in mind that the banshee has the power to hurt you ans you respect it) as far as reverse..just do like i do reach your feet up and roll it back with the front tires

Edited by crbanshee

full of fluids a stock shee weighs 367 lbs. banshees are one of the best ballanced bikes for jumping, the stock suspension is very capable. the only bikes that i have riden that jump better are a 250r quad or a 200x three wheeler. if you are nose low or high it is mostly because where your body is over the bike. i jump on average about 6 to 8 feet high and about 30 to 40 in length and haven't bottomed yet. and if it's not good enough you can always up grade to the long travel a-arms with elka shocks. banshee is always a good choice. but then again i am very parshal. :headbang:

I don't know where you get your info from. Banshee's are horribly out of ballance. All the weight is up front..which makes jumping a bit more of a chore. Yes a banshee will jump rather well, it just takes a better rider to jump it good. 400ex is a much better handling machine in the air. YFZ450, 450ex, LTF400..all of them are better jumpers as their weight is more evenly distributed. Look at anyone jumping a banshee, they are always hanging on the back trying to get the front end up. I know when I'm jumping, my weight is always on the ass end trying to keep the front end up. Now the banshee frame is garbage, stock, banshee won't last 3 months jumping hard. Tear everything up. The suspension simply can't handle it. And don't try to bullshit me ain't nobody here cleaing 50' tabletops on a stock shee. I'm only good for about 30-40 feet myself and that's on a good track. I'm running custom axis shocks with lonestar swing arms and A-arms and axle. I still get roughed up quite a bit. Frames last me about a year or so..Shocks get rebuilt yearly as well. My goal is to get a yfz 450 for MX and keep the shee for playing around. You just can't get enough travel out of a stock geometry shee. But it shure is fun to see the look on some kid's face as you smoke him on the track as he's riding an atv that daddy bought him thinking he's the shit. Best is when you smoke dirtbike riders.