Shaved Seat

turd

I saw a picture on here somewhere but now I cant find it. It was a seat that had a couple of inches removed from the padding. I found a shop that would recover it for me and they said that if I had a pic they could remove some foam for me too. If anyone has a pic like this or knows where I can look it would be greatly appreciated

Its not to tough to do. Make a few marks on the padding w/a marker. Mark the sides for height and the rear for the contour. Just use the wifes electric knife to cut the padding. You can clean up the cuts w/a course rasp or a D/A sander. As far as the cover goes. If your keeping the same contour as the original, you can re-stretch it and just trim off the excess from the bottom.

Hope this helps.

yup easy stuff....but you need the tools. to cut the foam use the elec knife....

but to cover the seat your gonna need a air stapler.

Also another trick is to set the seat cover out in the sun to soften her up. Then when you put it on and start stretchin it, it goes on with much ease....and will look better, and fit better.

Right on and good luck.

Oh, and by the way:

why would you want to trim the seat? you will see after hours of riding your ass is hurtin...... and with a trimmed seat youd think youd feel like a prison inmate named.... Bubbas girlfriend!

:lol: