av gas

racer

do you have to rejet to use 110 lowlead? seems like a dumb question but i hear that its made really lean so that it wont freeze up or somethin in the higher altitudes. and if it really is made this way would i need to change my mix ratio to compensate, and that is where my jetting change question comes in.

No jetting change is needed, and no ratio difference is needed. Some people say the gas properties make it not safe to run. I disagree and have never heard of anyone having problems running it. The only reason you need it is if you compression is raised and your timing is advanced. If you're running a stock motor it's a waste of money.

i think like 150-155 lbs is worthy of that for a treat every once in a while, and ive got a PD timing plate so the timing the is all up to me baby! how much advance should i run with that setup though, 4 or 7?

Just makeshure the gas your getting doesn't contain all the additives the FAA requires for aviation fuels. There's an additive to scavenge the lead from the cylinders and an anti-icing additive..the anti-icing additive is what you need to look out for. Also the lead scavaging addative causes the lead to form a poisonous and toxic chemical compound that's really bad for your heath..Lead bromide I think it's called..bad news. Other then that av gas has lower vaprization pressure..think it's about 7 psi..pump gas has around 15 psi..which means the gas needs less atmospheric pressure to keep it as a liquid...it doen't vaporize as easily as pumpgas...In the air that's a good thing as increased altitude has a decrease in atmospheric pressure..if the plane was running pumpgas and the pressure dropped below 15 psi..there is a good chance that the fuel lines will form a vapor lock and starve the engine of fuel.

Edited by MotulMonsta