How's this plug look?

Here's a pic of some test runs of Jims 12port stroker. Tell me what you think as far as jetting. This was from near idle to mid rangerunning with some quick wot bursts. Probably about 10 min run total. They look dry and grey up front,but for some reason looks a little brown in pic. I got 175 mains with i think 45 pilots. I am running amsoil dominator could be why I can't get much color to the plug. Also i have the CPI pipe and they ping some what loud at idle to 1/4 throttle. Is that normal?

Edited by die_infidel

This was from near idle to mid rangerunning with some quick wot bursts.

That really doesn't tell you anything about how the main jet's performing. You need to run it from 1st to 5th or 6th wide-open-throttle and then kill it with the throttle still pegged to get an accurate main jet reading. If your still breaking it in and can't wot like that, then go up on the main another size and then run your wot run after it's broken in. You might consider trying your needles one clip richer also.

Edited by sredish

This was from near idle to mid rangerunning with some quick wot bursts.

That really doesn't tell you anything about how the main jet's performing. You need to run it from 1st to 5th or 6th wide-open-throttle and then kill it with the throttle still pegged to get an accurate main jet reading. If your still breaking it in and can't wot like that, then go up on the main another size and then run your wot run after it's broken in. You might consider trying your needles one clip richer also.

What srdeish said....

You can't really tell a plug check from idle to midrange.. I always have a black or dark plug when riding, but my plugs lighten when I open it up for long periods. The main jet ONLY controls wide open throttle and you should only adjust the mains for wide open throttle. normal riding will only give false readings, wait till you have the shee broken in, then do a wot run in 6th gear for 5-10 seconds. You'll see a different plug....Looking at your jetting and the passion motor, I'd say your close...maybe rich on the mains, but better to start rich and work down...

Yeah I ordered some bigger mains 180's I'll start there on my wot run then go down. I just about got it broke in I need to find a wide WIDE open area to do a wot run. I dunno if i wanna take a chance down the road or the $#$@ will have a nice shee in there rotten hands. :cry: I was just wondering if mid range was a little lean seems to ping loud, but could be typical on cpi's.

• 2 weeks later...