need info on a dirtbike

well i have never riddin one before and im goin too buy one like in the next few days and i cant find out anything hardly about them. before i go and look. but my quest is

im leaning too buy a ttr-125 yamaha like i say ive never rode one before and iim not buyin a two stroke yet and only ones i like is the yamaha and honda but i am about 6'4 so im kinda tall but im worried that the 125 will be small what should i buy

At your size you will probably regret the 125. My friend has a TW200 and it is absoultely worthless for anything other than running up to the corner store. You would probably love a Honda XR650L. They are about bullet proof. They have been made for years so you should be able to find one in your price range. I got mine a 1998 with 5600 miles for $2600.

Suzuki dr 400 is a good bike as well. At 6'4..You want somthing your skills can grow into..If your not getting the best aka any top MX bike then buy used..I wouldn't pay over 1500 on a used bike to learn on. Any of the Honda xr line of bikes is a great biginner bike. But I'd get somthing with at least 200cc's I prefer a 4 stroke motor in dirtbikes as they vibrate less and are easier to manage. I can see you on a nice Honda xr 200 from 1991..run that until your skills are up then buy a new bike. An old Sizuki dr 350 is also a great bike...I had one sadly I gave it away..paid 1200 for it. Rode on the side when my Banshee was down. Great bike.

thanks guys for all the help. i went today and man those 125s are small haha. i think i might have found a brand new one but its an 04 still on showroom floor. said they just got in the 05s. its a honda xr200 fourstroke. the guy told me he would let me have it for 2800. is that good for that bike. i have to go back monday and let him know. how would that do for me????

With your height, go with the 250. Trust me, I've had one & I'm 6'1 myself... The power is not insane, is very controlable, is a great beginner bike if you ask me. I liked mine a lot, great trail & dirtroad'n bike. I wouldn't mind having another...but if I get another db it's going to be a big dual-sport, like an XR400 or DR650. :cheers:

Here's a pic of my old TTR250. B)

1.jpg

Sorry for it being HUGE.... :rolleyes:

My friend has a 650 and he is like 6'7 he looks funny on a 125. I am 6' and my moms YZF125 is even a bit small. Definately get something bigger, it will probably make it easier to ride. My other friend rides the 650 and he is like 5'4, but then again he has been riding bikes all his life.

Edited by iceman