t6 and porting?

I have the toomey t6 pipes. Everyone is saying that the t6 aren't good for porting. I already put them on because I didnt think I was going to port my bike, but now I want to. You will still get a lot more power with porting even with the t6 pipes wont you? Does anyone have the t6 pipes with porting? Any advice would be great. Cause I dont want to have to buy new pipes since I will port it.

Thanks for any advice.

what kind of port work are you getting? what other mods do you have? if you wanna stay with toomeys, i would suggest using some t5's. they work very well with porting, at least on my bike they do. you could try to trade someone or sell your t6's. i have heard the t6's are great for stock engines, but when you add porting they dont do nearly aswell as many other pipes. id really think about everything you might possibly wanna do in the future, that was you can plan ahead when buying parts. you might also wanna think about advancing the timing, increasing compression, lightening the flywheel. these are all relatively cheap mods that will get you pretty good gains.

what kind of port work are you getting? what other mods do you have? if you wanna stay with toomeys, i would suggest using some t5's. they work very well with porting, at least on my bike they do. you could try to trade someone or sell your t6's. i have heard the t6's are great for stock engines, but when you add porting they dont do nearly aswell as many other pipes. 

agreed, and i wouldn't even let alba lick my ass. :blink:

one thing: your machine won't run bad with the t-6's and porting, in fact it will run much better, but you jmoght not bet getting the gains you could have with some t-5's. if you already have t-6's, then get the porting and see if you like it, then you could trade out later if need be.

Edited by sredish