Jetting the passion stroker

ok im gonna be putting it back together soon, hopefully first of next week or so. im gonna be running keihin 35mm pwk's, rocket pipes, v force reeds, the 12 port, and yes its a 4 mill stroker. im at 1000 ft about sea level. ill be running basically an air box with no lid, as im going to be makin an air box. i need it cuz i ride in the water quite often. any ideas on the jetting? blue duece and proquad i know you guys have thes engines, any suggestions? and i know banchetta has some great ideas. well, have at it guys. :D

this used to say toomeys, but i just bought a set of rocket pipes.

Edited by locogato11283

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AH YES ANOTHER ONE WITH THIS MOTOR!!!!

WELL I AM RUNNING 33 PWK'S AT PRETTY MUCH SEA LEVEL, I AM RUNNIN 50 PILOTS AND AT 170 MAINS AND NEEDLE IN THE MIDDLE IT IS STILL VERY RICH. HOPE TO GET OUT THIS WEEKEND AND DIAL IT IN PERPECT. STILL PULLS LIKE A BIOTCH AND NOT FOULIN PLUGS. WHEN I GET IT DIALED IN I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHERE I AM AT, AND IF YOU DO FIRST PLEASE POST IT SO WE HAVE A BASE LINE FOR OTHERS IN THE FUTURE!!

ANTHONY

I have the 12 port stroker,with v-force,35mm pwks,clamp on filters,17cc domes,timing advanced 7*,and Grand River Suicide drag pipes.I am running 160 mains.Pilots are a little rich yet And I can't remember what they are.

Oh yeah I'm at about 3000ft.

Edited by bkabina

i know banchetta has some great ideas. well, have at it guys. :D

this used to say toomeys, but i just bought a set of rocket pipes.

dammit, another one with the Passion stroker. And to top it off with a set of Rockets... You da man. :headbang: I will say I'm just a tad jealous.

and for banchetta, i guess he don't like us anymore, because I haven't seen him since before the changeover, maybe I saw him once.

I'm not one to give jetting advice on ported strokers, I'd say 420 Racing's got you covered on that one.

later.

I have been reading this thread and Have a Question for All PassionRE 12port stroker owners.

I am one main leaner than before and still dropping mains. I am slowly getting close for my alt and Pipes. So the question is are you Leaner or richer after your motor mods?

I am running 34 pjs with air box lid off, t5's,vforce reeds and a pro design foam filter at sea level.

170 mains not sure on the pilots I will have to check but it seems to be running pretty much spot on. May be a little rich but I am not fouling plugs so I think I will leave it be.

Luke

XTshee the one thing I have found is My P12S can run very Rich, I couldn't foul a Plug, I was running 430 mains. It ran but not over 3/4 throttle. When I jetted down to 340 it started to pull 6th gear at Wot but that is the max size and rich as hell. I ran 300 mains and the dune last time and it ran good but I plugged chop them and the ring off the sealing washer inside the plug were very dark down. I have gone to 290 mains for my trip next weekend and Have a set of 280,becuase it may get hot their 90 to 100 degrees. But it looks like 270 will be spot on. I jetted the pilot from 35 to 32.5 and it still starts easy one kick with No choke so I have a set of 30's next. Needle is at 2 position.

I just never had a motor pull such a wide spread of main jets. I freaken drowned this motor and it just keep running. :) OH Using a set of 34mm Round Slide Mikuni with Newly added 1 7/8 wide x 4 inch long aluminum velocity stacks.

So before i started my p12s my old motor was running 300 mains. This is what got me so puzzled I am leaner than i was with old motor and I am still very rich.

I have all the signs of it too. Oily pipes I was mixing 32:1 Klotz R50 to much oil. and Now 40:1 Still seam to be pretty juicy too. I ride at 5000 feet.

I will let you all know what i did for jetting changes and plug chop color after i get home.

im running pwk35's with 170 mains and 48 pilots. its got a toooon of top end, its great. from 1/8 till about 1/2 is iffy tho. i cant tell if its sposed to be like that or not. the power comes on at about 3/4 throttle and if i let off the power drops off. im sure the pilot is right on and so is the main. ive done plug checks and its perfect color. maybe i need to do something with the needles? any ideas? i really wasnt this thing runnin perfect. it is rediculous tho. i was runnin 13/41 gearing with some minor porting and it would take out in 3rd when i dumped it on dirt. now itll spin 4th with 14/41 gearing. its fuckin wild. but yea, any ideas on what to do with the midrange? when im draggin and i clutch it to shift, itll lose power. but when i dont clutch and just shift it hard, its fine. not sure about this.

Where are your needle jets set?

iffy as like it runs ok but not like when it it's the pipe?

My shearer pipes are ok in the lower power rpm range, Lug to on the pipe than it is OH Shit Grin and SHIFT. It goes so fast threw the upper power band It's unreal. Mine still is peaky style powerband , COuld be my carbs or the Shearer pipes But i still have alot of tuning to do. SO time will tell.