My Bike Still Has No Midrange....

Hello,

I had a problem before with not having any midrange. I ended up going down to 25's on the pilots and cutting my airbox.

I am currently jetted at 25,360

I have:

MX port (Passion racing)

K&N filter and cut airbox

+4 adv. Timing

Milled head (.027)

and whatever else is n my sig...

I cant even ride the beast...because the mid bogs sooo bad....

It doesnt foul plugs...tho

Do I go down on the main jetting? Liek I said its a 360... i was using that when the air was cold and it ran fine. I jsut dont want to melt my shit down before coalfest.

I just want to be able to ride.....

Oh.. and my stupd left carb has a problem with the carb slide...the little brass nub that keeps the slide from turning around in the carb keeps working its way out causing the slide to turn and mess shit up. Any fixes for that lil nub besides a new carb case?

Please help me.. I havent been able to ride for 3 weeks now cuz of this crap....help a banshee brotha out... :D

Thanx all

Man, your gonna have to learn to read your plugs. We can't tell you 100% that you need to up or down on your main. Your going to have to run a wide open throttle run to check your plugs to see what your gonna have to do with the main. Once you have the main where the plugs are coloring correctly, then you'll want to work on the rest. If you just run around and change this and then that, you don't know what you've got and what change is causing what effect.

Do a WOT plug check and tell us how the plugs look, then we can go from there.

BenBB's Jetting page, for more info.

Scott

Hello,

I have done plug checks.... They look good. Thats why I cant figure it out. I have sawed apart about 4 sets of plugs....

Liek i said runs good wide open...mid range blows....and it smokes quite a bit no matter what...(Not white smoke either..its oil smoke)

Lowered pilots to 25's needle in middle...360 mains on mods beloew and a cut airbox.

Nick

Damn sounds like your in the same boat as me. Mines got 370 mains dynojet needle in 1st notch from top with 25 pilots. These are the best settings I've found until I can afford bigger carbs. Mine has 4 stages of power now though. Snappy off the bottom, lean at the throttle setting I use for cruising down the road, rich at mid to upper mid, and hauls balls on top. Perhaps I should call it a Stage 4 "powerband" :lol: . It sucks to ride but I'll have new carbs in a couple months, then I can take a sledghammer to those f*#&ing stockers. I'd like to choke the shit outta the jap bastard that decided to stick those dorky, designed in 1967, TORS cluttered up, heavy, ugly, hard to hold the spring and get that friggin widget stuck in the slide, pieces of shit on there in the first place.

I lowered mine down from 360's to 330 main's for the hotter weather and plugs are dark brown with some black .

Stock needles on 2nd clip from top , with 25 pilots

And this thing rips , It has tons of torque and pulls hard all the way.

:headbang: My thanks to Passion RE

The power is there , and when the jetting is right you will be amazed.

• 3 weeks later...

hey i have just about the same mods as you, my setup is carbs have 350 main jets, vitos needles withclip on the last position from blunt end, 35 pilots. kn filter in box no lid,stage 3 port, head milled 30, v force reeds

sst pipes. and i have power from bottom to top.... the needles and v forces really woke up the midrange. hope you find your midrange !!!!

hey all,

thanx for all your suggestions...I did end up lowering the jets down to a 310.... and still had sputter and miss... I cleaned the di-electric grease off the coil connection and tighened it up...

Bam...all miss and sputter gone... I am stuck on a 330-340.. i hevent gotten time to test it out and get a final jet setting...

But it hauls ass now :)

Nick