Seatbelt Crackdown

Yep, after seeing a few members of my family, and a few friends growing up, DIE because they didn't wear their seat belts i decided that i would Always wear mine, and i make my wife wear hers. But that should be my decision, not the Governments. If you are dumb enough not to wear it, you are gonna die when you get in that accident. Too many idiots are surviving now anyway, there needs to be some way to thin them out... :P

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its retarded, you shouldent have to wear a seatbelt, ur a retard if you dont, because it protects your life, but you shouldent be forced to wear one, just like the helmet for motorcycles law, you shouldent be forced to wear a helmet, but its retarded not to...but its your life, right?

I was about to bring up the helmet thing, but that's a little different. Say you're going down the interstate and a bird comes flying out of nowhere and lands his beak right in your eye... you're going to wreck... and possibly cause whoever is behind you to wreck as well. Imagine you're riding a bike right behind the guy. It's a hazard to those around you when you don't wear a helmet (on a motorcycle, ATVs are different).

here in jersey yesterday was click or ticket day. they had the nerve to have a ticket day! i drove without my seatbelt all day(which i normally don't do) just so i can get a cop to pull me over so i can laugh at him while it was raining. turns out i could only manage to get a parking ticket for a expired meter. BASTARDS. This is why in jersey we have the highest insurance rates then any other state. FUCKING TICKET DAY

the helmet issue really burns me. i'll get a fine for not wearing my seatbelt, but i can blow by on the bike without a helmet and it's not a problem!! doesn't make sense to me. funny thing is, i ALWAYS wear a helmet, but very rarely wear my seat belt. :blink::P

We have the same campain going on out here in NV(click it or ticket).

(what i was told by a friend) They can't pull you over for the seatbelt violation, cause it's a (forgot the word) offence, but can site you for it if your pulled over for another reason. <that's how it works out here, your state will vary.... :D

I wear mine(stats are stats), but dont want to be told to do so...... :D

Drove about 400 miles yesterday... ick! Saw so many people pulled over by the State police it wasn't even funny. After seeing the first couple, I resolved to drive no more than a few MPH above the speed limit for the weekend. Man did that pay off. They weren't just sitting in the median, radaring people as usual. Some off of overpasses, some in the middle of construction zones, etc. Saw 2 in a 12 mile stretch of construction, clocking. Crazy. It was definitely a good weekend for them. They're definitely cracking down more in the last couple weeks. Even got the "This is a Seatbelt Enforcement Zone" signs up...

Unfortunately, non-seatbelt wearers do affect other people. Say you get into a minor accident that would have just affected you and another guy having to exchange information, but since you didn't have a seatbelt on, your head smashed into the windshield. Now my happy ass is driving down the road and I see some guy white as a ghost trying to flag down some help. So I pull over and run to your car and now I gotta spend the next 15 minutes trying to keep you alive until the stupid ambulance shows up. When I jumped into my car that day, I didn't plan on having somebody's brains smeared on my shirt. Now my plans are messed up along with my shirt. Fucker.

Ok so then the ambulance takes you to the ER. Now thousands of dollars are going into keeping your dumb ass alive. Hopefully you have insurance to cover your stupidity. If you do, then after about 5 days in the ICU your insurance is gonna run out, so that means the government is gonna pick up the tab using my tax dollars. So not only do I have brains on my shirt, my plans are ruined, but now I gotta pay higher taxes and higher insurance rates because the insurance companies wanna make their money and dumbasses like you are in a coma in the ICU instead of riding in a tow truck bitching about how "your life sucks" cuz you have to get your car repaired.

And while your dumbass is on that slab in the ER and they're pumping my blood that I donated for free into you and they're charging you or your insurance $500/pint for, meanwhile there's this big ass mess on the interstate that the cops gotta clean up. If your dumb butt is dead then we're talking about a ton of paperwork. So now some poor cop has to write up all this shit about how the accident happenned, taking measurements and doing interviews, and all the while, the damn lane of the freeway is closed cuz they can't tow the cars out until they've finished the investigation. So now some tow truck driver is sitting there on his bumper with his thumb up his ass, waiting for a cop to finish his report, and about 8,000 people are sitting in their cars in a huge ass traffic jam. The worst part is, I'm one of those damn 8,000 people waiting in line to drive by what should have been a minor inconvenience for 2 people. Because after I kept you alive and got brains on my shirt, I had to strip down to my underwear on the side of the freeway, put my clothes in a body bag (compliments of the highway patrol), go back home, take a shower under the hose, retrieved my brain covered clothes from my trunk, throw them away, go take a real shower, get dressed and then get back in my car for the trip to wherever I was going originally. So your day is screwed, so is mine, the cop has to tell his wife about the terrible thing he saw, the tow truck driver is vomiting still from seeing your brains all over the car he towed today, 8,000 people are late to wherever they were going, there's probably a bunch of other accidents from the sudden traffic jam that popped up, and the other driver is gonna have to deal with your retarded family trying to sue him for your own stupidity. If you survive then you're probably a vegetable, so that means all kinds of government programs for the handicapped. Oh good, I get to pay taxes for that too! Next time I see something like that, instead of trying to save their dumb ass, I'm gonna strangle them with the seatbelt that they couldn't bother to wear. Then my ass can go to jail and the taxpayers will be paying for my care!

Edited by Wallrat

I don't wear a seat belt because I don't want to be crippled, I want to be dead if the accident is that bad

Dude...when I was in high school some students got into an accident going 25 mph. The passenger was fine but the driver was killed. Guess who was strapped in? The car didn't look like shit, the bumper was dented up and there was a small buckle to the hood. I dunno bout you, but I wouldn't want to slam my head into a plate of glass while i was flying forward at 25mph.

if you dont care enough or have enough respect for yourself to wear a seatbelt, at least give some thought to those in your life that love and care about you. dont be selfish people, buckling up is easy. you may be dead and not have to worry about anything, but youll leave behind many people who care for you. losing a loved one, especially when it could have been prevented, changes your life forever, it changes who you are. you never recover from that.