Redneck Patch Jobs

J.B. Weld, need I say more? Fixed the case on my Husky 610! :headbang:

haha JB weld, the fix all. i had a yamaha 125 3 wheeler one time and a guy was coming to look at it to buy it. well i was still riding the shit out of it and i wanted more power, then my dad says "put a big block chevy spark plug in there it will runn better and faster" so i did. yeah melted a hole right through the damn piston. well needless to say i popped the top and took the piston out and put tap over one side and filled the hole with good ole JB weld. believe it or not the hole in the piston lasted for the guy to come get it see it run and everything. he wasnt to happy though when he called about 3 days later though. :lol::lol:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't a fix on a wheeler, but the first time we went to Silver Lake, on the road, one of the crew's suburbans cracked the coolant line fitting on the back of the intake that feeds the line to the heater core. We towed the suburban, (still hooked to the trailer) back to camp. In the morning, I got up, drove to Wally World, got some JB weld. I mixed me up a big bait of it, and bbooogered it all over the intake. It was a PITA to get back there. But, it held, and he drove it awhile that summer with that JB weld in there. no heat of course, but the motor still held coolant like a champ....

Once on a sled ride, my buddy tore the rear suspension mounts right out of the tunnel. :o So, the sled just dropped to the running boards. I went to the nearest street crossing, and ripped out a fence post there. Rode back, and stuck the post in between the running boards and the slide rails of the suspension. Worked fantastic, and got us back to the hotel. :whoa: Although, he was a little sore from having no suspension...... :flush:

My buddy hit a tree with his Raptor and broke the right top A-Arm off. So instead of paying $75.00 to get a new one he decides to just take a hose clamp and put it around the front of the A-Arm and the frame, And in the back of the A-Arm he drill a hole thrue the A-Arm and put a bolt threw it and then put a hose clamp from the bolt to the frame. Talk about a cheep ass, :yank: I cant wait till he hits a nice size hole and the A-Arm snaps off. :shootself: Then he will be wishing that he paid the little bit of money to get a used one of Ebay. And yes he still ride's it like there is nothing rong with it.

Edited by Im-Loving-It 69

My wife has 2 uncles that have the habit of going places without much planning beyond just getting to the starting point. They decided to go to Australia or NZ and hike across the "outback". Shortly after arriving and finding out how vast the outback really is, they decided to buy a car for $75 and start driving. Needless to say they got to the middle of absolutely nowhere and the car broke down. Since they have no mechanical abilities at all, it took them the rest of the day and thru the night to figure out that the fuel pump had broken. So using the only tools they had, a fingernail clipper and a fork they took the fuel pump apart and rebuilt it with a chunk of the vinyl seat they cut out with the clippers.

Edited by Holyman

figure out that the fuel pump had broken. So using the only tools they had, a fingernail clipper and a fork they took the fuel pump apart and rebuilt it with a chunk of the vinyl seat they cut out with the clippers.

You call that no mechanical abilities :o

made a master link out of the end of a bungee cord once for a warrior.

made a tow rope out of a stick.

hose clamps as cv boot clamps. on a rancher

and for the riders...

one a particularly cold raining, snowing ride that we were unprepared for (freak storm with strong winds) .............garbage bags as rain coats. gbf4ever was there..

thsoe crazy boys at callears will do almsot anything imaginable

I am guessing that only they would put together such a creation

but have you ever seen all the REALLY nice honda 350 R and similar trikes that they have there ............they keep em in the basement

i dunno if its an employee that put those together or what but they were damn fine lookin