Got A Dumbass Problem That I Created

I was putting my t-maxx head back on and using one of those ball tipped allen wrenches to tighten it, and snapped the ball off in the bolt. They are both hardened pieces as well. The head is pretty deep and hard to get to the bolt.

I've tried using a pick and a hammer to try to pop it loose but its not coming out. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm trying to find a machine shop that can handle the problem and drill it out or something. Only other thing I could think of is to precision weld something to it to try to get the bolt out......

It's in there really really tight. I might be able to get away with some epoxy maybe. That's an idea.

I've already broken 2 drill bits trying to drill it out. It's hardened steel so it dont want to drill to easy. Not to mention its a 2.5mm bolt........this little ass bolt is driving me nuts

It's in there really really tight. I might be able to get away with some epoxy maybe. That's an idea.

I've already broken 2 drill bits trying to drill it out. It's hardened steel so it dont want to drill to easy. Not to mention its a 2.5mm bolt........this little ass bolt is driving me nuts

yeah, 2.5mm is pretty damn small. I broke off an 8mm hex in a bolt not too long ago and it's still in there. <_< Is it possible to just remove the bolt and put a new one in later or something? I'll keep thinking and if I come up with an idea I'll post it.

Good luck.

that's the thing. The head is about 3 inches tall with a starfish shape cut into the top and through all the fins down to the bottom. The legs of the starfish are where the bolts are down at the bottom. It's cut like that so you can get an allen wrench down to them.....but I dont think I could get anything on the bolt to be able to break it loose.

i just looked at the heads on the motor and it looks like your screwd (intended pun). it looks like you will have to cut the head in half with a hack saw and try to get it out from a closer angle. but i think the magnet and glue idea is a good idea. get some glue on the screw it self and your done for.

I hate those fuckin ball tipped allen wrenches for that very reason. We've snapped 1/2 inch before. Its nice to have to reach in a tight area, but I don't use them for torquing anything down anymore.

I have no solution to your problem, just a prevention. Throw those ball tipped allen wrenches out the window on your way to work tomorrow.

can you maybe get a drimmel down to it with a small ass blade and cut a slot into it and us a screwdriver to get it out? or at least cut the head of the bolt so you can get the head and cylinder off to use a pair of plyers to remove the bolt.