Front Allignment

Hey, sorry for so many posts, but I have a question...

My front wheels just dont SEEM to be perfectly straight. Where should they line up?? Is there a method you all use to get them right? I just dont want to take her out for the first time after this rebuild and go to turn or something and lose control :unsure:

Not sure if that could happen, but who knows...

ok, I know apprx where to line them up, but how do I know if they are at that spot? What I'm asking for is a method you all use to check where it is alligned.. For instance I tried with a broom stick, but my rims are banged up, so that didnt work.. =(

I've found that if you line up the front wheel so that the outside points toward the outside of the rear wheels, that is the best. You will have some toe out as the front is a bit wider. Just line them up by eye or use a straight edge along the ouside of the rim. Thats just my preference, the bike seems to track the best.

Also, if you have stock tie rods check that they aren't bent. They're pretty soft, like butter. :P

The proper way is to mark the middle tread (a line) from inside to outside on the 2 tires...then use a tape measure and measure the distance from side to side from the frontside then rotate the tires so that the lines which you marked are on the backside towards rear tires... Then take that measurement.. There should be only half 1/2 inch difference and they should be toed in ..which means front measurement should be lesser... This is for stock A-arms :rolleyes:

The proper way is to mark the middle tread (a line) from inside to outside on the 2 tires...then use a tape measure and measure the distance from side to side from the frontside then rotate the tires so that the lines which you marked are on the backside towards rear tires... Then take that measurement.. There should be only half 1/2 inch difference and they should be toed in ..which means front measurement should be lesser... This is for stock A-arms

Ding Ding Ding! Give the man a prize! Great answer, this is correct.

1.5" of toe OUT would be INSANE!! With the tie rods on the Banshee positioned where they are, the natural tendancy is for them to toe out when loaded, so a bit of toe in will help this, TT guys may run some toe out, I would suspect not 1.5" though.

The proper way is to mark the middle tread (a line)  from inside to outside on the 2 tires...then use a tape measure and measure the distance from side to side from the frontside then rotate the tires so that the lines which you marked are on the backside towards rear tires... Then take that measurement.. There should be only half 1/2 inch difference and they should be toed in ..which means front measurement should be lesser... This is for stock A-arms  :rolleyes:

Dude! What a perfect explanation! :clap: