My Jetting Is Miffed I Think..

hey all,

I think my jetting is off...but I am not sure.....It has a really bad bog from a little after idle until the reeds open up...then its a rocket ship.....

I adjusted the pilots...and it didnt seem to get any better....

THe needles WERE in the 4th position from the blunt end...and I moved them back to stock...kinda batter but not by much?

I am jetted (30,360) air screws out 2 turns (were out 3 turns) mods in the sig.....I was thinking about leaning out the needle some more but i was unsure about it....

Please advise.....Do I need more fuel or less ?

The way it is now I cant trail ride cuz it bogs so bad in the power zone that I need..

Electrical ? Water ? Carbs ?

please help

Nick

It sounds like you might be rich on the pilot. Set your air/screw to 1 turn and lean your pilot a size and see what happens. If it's under 1/8th throttle, chances are the needle won't do too much, it helped a little cause it did take a little fuel out of the pilot circuit, but not much.

What adjustments did you do to the pilot? Did you go richer or leaner?

Play with that and see if it helps.

Hello,

My pilot has remained the same since winter...I was at a 25... then upped it to a 30 after my port job.

The problem is really at half throttle or untill the reeds open and the band kicks in...

It really is unridable on the trails because it bogs so bad in the mid-range...until the reeds open up...

Needles are in stock location now...and i tried richening the needle and richening the airscrew..and now have leaned the needle by going back to stock and I did run the pilot 3 turns out and it didnt do much...

I also ran without the airbox lid just to see if I was to rich...it seemed to run a little better...

Sometimes if I pull the choke it wants to shut the motor off...

I guess i wll tear the carbs apart :(

Nick

First off, think about it this way. Your machine won't need less fuel now than it did when it was stock, now that you've ported you'll need more fuel to match the additional air flowing through, so that should tell you something's up.

How long has it been doing this? If I were you, I'd pull those carbs and check the intake. I have a feeling you might have a busted reed. If it turns out you have a busted reed, you could be screwing your jetting all up when that's not the problem. Your jetting sounds pretty good, possibly a little large on the main, but that's only known by plug checking, but I don't think it would be causing that big of a problem.

Hope that's understandable. Take a peek and let me know.

SyNtAxx ,

I have a very similair setup as yours , just different pipes but mine has been suffering from the same symptoms .

I was running 360 mains , 30 pilots and needles on the 3rd clip from blunt end.

I was getting a midrange sputter in the beginning of the midrange , not really a bog ,it would crackle and miss and then take off.

I lowered the needle to second clip and it helped a lot , but have not had time to mess with it anymore since then.So I really don't have mine perfect yet.

The porting made it need a bigger main but it made mid range rich with the needle high , on mine any way .If you get yours lined out let me know what you come up with and I'll do the same.

hello all,

I checked the reeds the are like brand new. no cracks or anything. I cleaned the carbs.

I even lowered the needles and still nothing. I checked the stator to see if there was water in there. Its dry as a bone. I checked the coil and put di-electric grease on all the contacts for a water tight seal...and still no luck.

Please advise...

Nick