Better Pipes

Kg8

today i draged a guy on a moded cr250 he beat me, he pulled me all the way through 5th when i started to catch him pretty quickly but we ran out of room, I have toomey 2into1 high flow filter system 175 mains and bills pipes, im looking for better pipes more mid to top end can anyone give any good suggestions so i can shut this dude up.

yeah, it's pretty hard for a 4-wheeler to beat up on a 2-wheeler. they just get the power to the ground a lot better. Get you some CPIs and a coolhead. That's not gonna do it, and you'll need some pretty hefty mods to show him his ass (i.e. stroker, porting, fat carbs, etc.), but that will help a lot. Also, learning how to shift her just right will help you get the power to the ground best. Maybe gear it up a tad to keep it from spinning so bad.

what kind of carb are you running for a 175 main, sounds like a single 33mm Keihen, yes or no??

im running 175s in each of the stock carbs, and if i do get bigger carbs how much will it effect gas efficiancy

yeah, that sounds really lean. that just ain't right. how long have those jets been in???? did you check the plugs after you installed them???? I'd say you should be at a 270 or 280 minimum with Bill's pipes and stock carbs. You need to work on your jetting and/or make damn sure you know what you've got before you ride anymore. Otherwise..... BOOOMMM, no more shee to ride.

Also, bigger carbs will do virtually nothing for you until you get a lot more mods. The cost way overpowers the one or two hp gain you get. Trust me, it's won't help at this stage of the game. Wait until after you have your portjob and maybe are ready for some stroking. Only exception to this is if you were looking for more low/mid power and the single carb setup would be good for that.

Edited by sredish

im running 175s in each of the stock carbs, and if i do get bigger carbs how much will it effect gas efficiancy

You don't have stock carbs on there is your running 175 mains.....STock carb jets only go in 10 increments....180,190,200,210,220,230, etc....If you have 175 mains, then your running keihin carbs which are larger than stock which will make you lose hp w/o porting.....A 175 main is a huge jet for stock motor w/ just pipes..I'm running a 158 w/ my stroker...

You don't have stock carbs on there is your running 175 mains..... If you have 175 mains, then your running keihin carbs

Absolutely right. Damn, why didn't I catch that. banghead My guess is you bought the quad used and those carbs were on there. You'll need to do some jetting & plug reading to get it figured out where you need to go.

Good call Banchetta. Your always cleaning up my messes. :cheers:

You don't have stock carbs on there is your running 175 mains.....STock carb jets only go in 10 increments....180,190,200,210,220,230, etc....If you have 175 mains, then your running keihin carbs which are larger than stock which will make you lose hp w/o porting.....A 175 main is a huge jet for stock motor w/ just pipes..I'm running a 158 w/ my stroker...

Mikuni actually go in increments of 5 from 50-200 then from 200-500 they go up in 10's

Mikuni actually go in increments of 5 from 50-200 then from 200-500 they go up in 10's

Really??.....you got me there then...I never dealt w/ jetting that low. Even my stock sizes were 220's.....Goes to show you, you learn something every day... B)