Slide

Kg8

The slide on the right carb sometimes sticks when i hit the gas, i cleaned the carb and the slide but it still sticks about 75% of the time can anyone give a suggestion.......oh and has any1 tried out the new LRD RFX pipes?

are they stock carbs?i would check the throttle cable, if it has a kink in it that would cause the slide to stay open, also if they arent stock carbs is the idle screw in to far or did it fall out completely ? all good place to start when the slide sticks.

I have stock carbs and after jetting and needle changes several times I must have gotten a little grit on one of the slides , It was sticking wide open on one carb sometimes , still a scarcy feeling .

I disassembled the carb and cleaned it out with carb cleaner , but it was still sticking, So took some 600 grit sandpaper and lightly sanded the slide by holding the paper around it and turning the slide in the paper , did this just enough to get it smooth. Cleaned again with carb cleaner and no more sticking.

I have a set of RFX pipes and for my style of riding I like them , they have a very smooth power delivery and very strong midrange, I like these or CPI's but I burn my leg to much on the CPI's .

I have only rode FMF fatties , PT mids , LRD's , and CPI's ,so I really don't know how they compare to other pipes, Toomeys and Pro circuit are pipes I see a lot of but I have never tried them.