Best Kind Paint To Paint Frame

banshler

I would recommend powdercoating only. With one exception, if your bike is strictly show or maybe drag where shee's not going to be beat on too much like mx, xc and so on, then you might get by with standard high quality paint.

standard high quality paint.

Krylon touch baby! :D

I know a guy who goes with a different frame color each year. Each winter he does a complete tear down & inspects, cleans, fixes anything & everything on his banshee. Sandblasts the frame & starts with a new color each time he puts it back together. :) His shit always looks good, damn good. He's 100% duner with his shee. He says to use at least 2 good primer coats, then use 3 full cans of whatever color, coat after coat after coat after coat until the shit's gone. Then apply at least one full can of clear-coat, he uses 2.

:cheers:

What type of rattle cans does he use? does he sand the primer?when he puts the paint coats on does he let them dry before applying another one??????Would it work good to use automotive clear?

Just your regular spray can, krylon rattle can. Each time he goes to repaint he'll sandblast the frame with fine sand,...then start with a bare frame. Let each coat dry before putting on another, may take a day or two to get it done...but if you do it right it'll last longer. He uses automotive clear coat too.

If you are going to go to all the trouble of tearing down your ATV for refinishing, don't waste your time with rattle can paint. If you want it to look really good, for a long time, get it powder coated or use an automotive paint like Deltron acrylic urethane or some other high quality automotive catalyzed paint.

Here is a picture of one I did for my 12 year old son with a powder coated frame and automotive paint on the plastic.