Legalize It

No one drives better drunk or high, no matter what you say. Your fool if you beleive otherwise.

UA can be done on traffic crashes. It is easy to see anyone who is high at a traffic crash. If they refuse to give the piss, a good cop will right paper (a warrant) and take it anyway.

Also, I am tired of people saying dope smokers don't committ crimes. You guys are either in denial, live a way to sheltered life, or just plain ignorant. Read the papers, look at your crime section and then look for all the people convicted and or arrested. Look at all the people who were hooked for burg, assault, trespass, and worse that I won't even list 'cause it will just piss everyone off and you won't believe it anyway, and see how many of them aslo have PCS less than one oz. marijuana charges attached. I would say 90% but you won't believe that either so I will be conservative and say 50%.

Drugs are drugs and they make people do stupid things. Alcohol when abused is not better and I would agree worse in cases. But there are people who drink a beer just to have a beer, not get plowed. People smoke to get a buzz period. People have said it over and over again in these posts. I have never heard anyone sa "I sure would like a joint to go with that pizza" or "how'bout a couple hits with that New York Steak".

I have tired of this circular argument and this is my last post (unless something is asked or directed straight at me) on this topic. I hope you all can get past your addiction and find other ways to deal with the stresses in your life. If you need a chemical to help you cope, you should see a Doctor or a shrink. Personally, I think humans can overcome without drugs...but hey I just some guy with nothing better to do right this moment than argue with pot heads on this thread.

Peace-

RJV -_-

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets just say that maybe I have tried it before, "maybe", and honestly its 100x less horrible than alcahol...I have never acted stupider than when I was drunk...it's almost legal in CA with a note from the doctor. But does not look good when your trying to get a security clearance....

I guess its helps some people to relax and chill out, I don't think people that feel this way need a shrink, I think its part of dealing with the stresses many people suffer in the american culture. Perhaps if everyone was not kept so buisy or so threatened that they could lose their jobs, then there wouldnet be so many people choosing this for stress relief.

I have never heard anyone sa "I sure would like a joint to go with that pizza" or "how'bout a  couple hits with that New York Steak".

direct hit ! you will only hear id like a joint BEFORE i have pizza or a steak, and at least this way you know the pot heads are going to eat it all and get their moneys worth out of it.

Also, I am tired of people saying dope smokers don't committ crimes. You guys are either in denial, live a way to sheltered life, or just plain ignorant. Read the papers, look at your crime section and then look for all the people convicted and or arrested. Look at all the people who were hooked for burg, assault, trespass, and worse that I won't even list 'cause it will just piss everyone off and you won't believe it anyway, and see how many of them aslo have PCS less than one oz. marijuana charges attached. I would say 90% but you won't believe that either so I will be conservative and say 50%.

You ever think that maybe these people that are commiting these crimes would be doing it even though they werent smoking pot? Pot usually becomes a biproduct of the life that they are living to try to cope with their rollercoaster of a life.

but hey I just some guy with nothing better to do right this moment than argue with pot heads on this thread.

Thats pretty funny, because if you paid any attention, half of us dont smoke any more. I'm speaking from experience of my past. You've got such a one track mind its ridiculous. Maybe you should go smoke some pot to open your mind to new ideas.

I cant recall how many times that I've heard this.... No you don't drive better, you may think that you were, but nothing is farther from the truth. I would love to try that theory at the race track with reaction times. I guarantee that I would smoke any pot head that is high with the reaction times. Reaction time is extremly important in normal driving as well. But again, you won't believe me, nor any doctor for that matter. Belive what you want to belive.

I remember cutting perfect and near perfect lights back in the day with my 72 nova, we'd smoke the whole way there. It doesnt slow your reaction time down, it just makes you concentrate less at moments sometimes, and even that is a reach. When your waiting for a light, your concentrating on it no matter how stoned you are.....another statement from someone that has never been there.

I like how all these doctors have these points and ideas that they get from guinea pigs that are smoking for the first couple times and get really high off the stuff. Hell, I get higher and all dizzy from smoking a cigarrette than I would a joint.....even till this day and I havent smoked in basically 3 1/2 years.

I say legalize it. Pot is a problem around here because the price of it is so damn high. If it was legal you could get the shit a lot cheaper. Getting high is awesome. I'd much rather toke a bong or eat some brownies than get wicked drunk. You dont even get hung over from weed. :dance:

some people handle smokeing and driving better than others, me i would get stoned and would be totaly focused on the road, contantly looking for something to jump out at me, keeping good distance from cars ahead of me, watching my speed ect. there could be music blasting in the backround friends in the back, didnt matter, when i got behind the wheel i was there to do one thing, drive. how can you tell me that you will smoke me on a track? have you seen me drive? have i seen you drive? you could be an awesome driver, and kick my ass, stoned or not, or i can be an awesome driver and kick your ass, stoned or not. there was a key word when i said "I drove better stoned" not "everybody drives better stoned". face it, some people do things better stoned than others, i know some people that can play guitar awesome when their stoned, me i cant, i can pull some good riffs totally out of my ass but i mess up way to much, so i dont like to get stoned and play. people are to quick to piont out tangible things about people not whats actually wrong with a person. its like when some kid hangs himself, and he happens to listen to metal, what happpens? his/her favorite band gets blamed and sued(which is really bad if parents are trying to make money off of their kids death). the parents or whoever realize they didnt see that the kid was having problems in life before they killed themselves so they blame the easiest thing they can. i dont know, i gotta stop, we all have different opinions on the issue, i shouldnt be trying to get people to see it my way, no one ever will. We all see things different based on our experiences in life. think i could get a brittney spears fan to like slayer? hell no. just have to respect everyone for who they are, thats what its all about.

Yea I agree, while drugs are bad :wacko: , including alcahol heh. The association the media makes with the situation is not entirely correct. See, in our society we are always looking for a cause-effect relationship, in fact that is the way we are taught to solve problems. But sometimes things are more complicated than this.

there may be a relationship between crime and druge users, or violence and TV, but it does not prove which is the cause and which is the affect. Not to mention that the media focuses on "certain specific" crimes commited typicaly by minorities.

And why is that a couple grams of crack can put you away for years or life, while it takes TONS of cocain to get the same punishment? I mean they are both bad horrible forms of the same horrible drug! the reason is, because poor minorities cannot afford the good version of the drug and we want to get rid of these people, while the law would be to harsh for famous actors and musicians who abuse the more expensive form...I think it's kinda fucked up! And in another sense the media rarely video tapes white color crimes and people getting arrested, even though many of these horrendiously rich people have may have cheated hundreads of thousands of people or stolen billions of dollars in one form or another. When someone commits a monstrous white collar crime such as stealing millions of dollars through the internet or giving out insider tips that affect Hundreads and thousands of people in serious ways! They are not typicaly thrown on the ground and beaten up before being arrested. But if someone Robs a drug store and gets caught they will likely end up on cops...

Damned media...

Edited by Justintoxicated