Another Question On My Passion Engine

Yeah I just talked to Jim and he said that he really thinks that about 80% of it is my exhust. He said that I need a set of other pro circuit or CPI pipes, he said that will make all th diffrenes in the world. What do you guys think? Oh And I know that I need a set of V Force reeds but I wouldn;t think that they would make that much diff. I am also running +4 on my timming.

I also found out that I am running really rich so I need to go down on my mains a few sizes.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get some cpi's and be done with it

I stil think that gearing will play a big factor in the sand

But that just it, its not just in the sand its all the time everywhere, sand, dirt, grass. All the time!!! I have ran 16/39, 15/39, 16/41, and 15/41 it does it with all the gears. The only diffrents is that no soner than you shif into 2nd or 3rd its time to shift again. It is way to low of gear, it reves way to fast.

If I can;t run a 16/41 then something is wrong. Blue Duece is running a 17/40 and that is alot higher geared than mine and he says that his is very very fast ans he is running it on an MX track. I am suppose to have around 80+hp and I know that I dont, something here is wrong. I can;t run a 16/41, that is just way to low geared I am shifting my ass off. I was running a 15/39 in the sand and it ran great other than the low end, there is no powerband untill I get up there in the RPMs. I will take my carbs apart and look at it and see what the jets are and post a message.

Oh and I do let it rev high before I shift also.

Hey guy what are you using for an intake and reeds? the fattys really might not be letting it kick in from idle, ride it once with no silencer or air cleaner if you can, just bang it up the block and back see if it pulls harder or coughs, it would be hard to pull two chokes to see if it picks up or gags...... whats your air box config? hows it rev with no load on it? i know its hard to idle but can you be at about 1100 rpm and crack it and have it jump on real crisp? what fuel, i use 118 race fuel, not pump mixed with 108, you could run 17cc domes and get more bottom, i presume we have the same crank? with my 17/40 gearing i can get off the line in second in the dirt and slap the clutch after about 6000 rpm and loop it if im not careful that motor should accelerate that bike like a rocket geared tall, did the guy you race have a 15 up front, was it on the street or dirt? in the dirt your really need a shorter swing arm, the more power the less the hook so you now have to accomadate your suspension and chassis when i ride with guys with 15's there not far behind in the dirt because whats getting to the ground is whats propelling you, your advantage is that you can run a 17 or even an 18 and hook well, and pull the shit out of it but your chassis and suspension has everything to do with how you hook and how well does it stay planted to the terrain, in the street with a tall gear you find you can just real the other guy in like a fish, because youve removed traction from the equasion but geared the same your horse power would be wasted, in the dirt your 80 ponies would break that 15/41 loose everytime you blipped the throttle, but your buddies 15 and 50 hp is less apt to smoke his tires, but hook and therefore accerate, and of course some skill is envolved, i trade off with my pals when we ride, my friends have all riddin my bike and ive riddin theres, you can just feel the power of jims engine, but that doesnt mean i can just whoop them like there standing still, but i do have very good lift from having the chassis and engine mods, your buddy might very well smoke me on an mx track yet in a 3 mile pavment run out to our dirt track i smoked him by 1200 feet cause i can do over 100mph and he's out of steam in the low 80's if we arnt into the wind, then 75 for him but i can accelerate through it......... so you do have a good motor, we just need to get it dialed in for you....

Got1,

Man first of all your motor is the design I helped Jim set-up and is one fast sob. Number one thing is get some better pipes,and yes the v-force reeds will make alot of difference. I dont live that far from you and I run a 172 main jet and it is perfect. Have you done anything to your airbox, the motor has to flow. I have totally cut my airbox out, all I have is the front where the noss adapter holds the k&n. What does your plug look like? If your bike is running lean with that main jet you have in it you might have an airleak somewhere. Check your boost bottle if you have one I have had the rubber gromet blow out and cause my bike lean out. I threw that piece of shit in the trash. What kind of tires are you using, because if you still have stock tires they suck. You've got one bad-ass motor you just need to figure out what is not set right on it, trust me if you get it dialed in you will smoke all your buddies and there piped banshee's. Let me know if I can help. I know it is frustrating to get a bike dialed in banghead , it has taken me awhile to get this set where it is today. Don't worry about your gearing right now you need to get your motor right before you get your gearing right, just put like a 16/40 on it and leave it until we get the motor right.

Ok where to start. I have the exact same engine setup at you duece exept that I am running FMF exhust and stock reeds. I have totaly cut my air box off also as seen below, I am running 20/10/9 razers, Oh I am also running 20cc domes VS 17cc domes because I didn;t want to run strait race gas. Jim highly recamended me to run strait 100LL with 927 for oil. I am also running the same intake as Duece, there is no boost bottle. The cross over tud is built into the intake. I am running way way rich, I am blowing oil out of the exhust and the plug has alot of oil on the threads also. I will try the 172 mains and see how that does and also see if I can get a set of V forces and good exhust.

Thanks guys!!!!!!!

Edited by got1banshee

ride it once with no silencer or air cleaner if you can, just bang it up the block and back see if it pulls harder or coughs, it would be hard to pull two chokes to see if it picks up or gags

I took the silencers and air cleaner off and it still ran good there was just a little less power. Not much but a little less.

A couple people have told me that there isn;t that big of diff from PC pipes and FMFs. Is that true?? I would love to get a set of CPIs but as most of you know I and a poor white boy and them pipes are up there in the $$$$$$

Any more suggestions?

Edited by got1banshee

i think its between your pipes and reeds, the 20cc domes are cool, i run a 19 but we could both run 17's, wish i had a extra set of deltas sitting around id send them to you, chances are you dont have an air leak with that intake, but as proquad said, that would do it also, ive ran fmf's but never on jims motor so i cant say for sure its the pipe, i know my pc's prefer the spark arrestor stinger over the standard silencer, the standard silencer is smaller and doesnt flow as well, if proquad is running a 172 and your both at the same elevation, and its not starving for air, maybe the pilots to tall? i run a 50 pilot, didnt you say you were at 55, piliots are cheap, but like proquad said once you do get it right it should just jump right into the power band with no hesitation and pull right to the top, make sure your carbs are in sync as well that will help it rev also, my plugs look at little wet also so i leaned it out and it didnt run as strong, that motor wants fuel and air, do any of your pals have a shee with any other kinda pipe you can try?.....id allmost bet its reeds and a simple tweak.....if you live close to jim and proquad, maybe show up with your bike some beer and some steaks.......